Few questions and pictures :)

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
photo (13).jpgphoto (10).jpgphoto (11).jpgphoto (12).jpg

So the pups are almost two weeks (friday!) and they are starting to open their eyes. Here are the first 4 to open up! I had a few questions.

1)When do you introduce water?

2) I saw that everyone recommends introducing mush at 3.5 weeks. What is everyones recipe for making the mush?

3) When do you move them out of the whelping box into something bigger? What kind of "pen" do you recommened upgrading them into?

They go in friday for their first deworming. My mama daisy has one teet that looks infected so I am hoping its nothing serious. Thanks everyone!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a few members to help with your questions..... but GOOD GOLLY they are precious babies

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Someone will be along with info for you shortly, just wanted to say you have some handfuls of cuteness right there.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OK around 3 1/2 to 4 weeks old you can introduce them to mush. Soak a good quality puppy food, (we use FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag) in warm water and you can add some goats milk to it. You can put it in a blender to speed up the process. Make it pretty runny to start and put it in a shallow dish and not too deep. They will make a mess so have plenty of clean wash towels available to clean them up with. Around 4 weeks old you can introduce water to them also. I'd keep them in the whelping pin till around 4 1/2 weeks old. We make a pen for them to stay in and a crate for them to sleep in. We put down the plastic pond liner down to protect the floor and it is easy to clean. We put down puppy pads down outside of their crate and they will learn to use it. Once they get a little older they will love to play and eat the puppy pads. WE tape them down and that helps. Some people will use a litter box with the paper pellet litter, so if they do eat some it will not harm them. Around 6 weeks just soak their puppy food in warm water so it gets a little soft but the need to chew it and slowly make it a little harder so by 8 weeks old they are eating it hard.

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] hit it right on

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great post David! If her teet has mastitis, contact me. It's important to treat it a certain way or your life and mamma's life will be a living hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
OK around 3 1/2 to 4 weeks old you can introduce them to mush. Soak a good quality puppy food, (we use FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag) in warm water and you can add some goats milk to it. You can put it in a blender to speed up the process. Make it pretty runny to start and put it in a shallow dish and not too deep. They will make a mess so have plenty of clean wash towels available to clean them up with. Around 4 weeks old you can introduce water to them also. I'd keep them in the whelping pin till around 4 1/2 weeks old. We make a pen for them to stay in and a crate for them to sleep in. We put down the plastic pond liner down to protect the floor and it is easy to clean. We put down puppy pads down outside of their crate and they will learn to use it. Once they get a little older they will love to play and eat the puppy pads. WE tape them down and that helps. Some people will use a litter box with the paper pellet litter, so if they do eat some it will not harm them. Around 6 weeks just soak their puppy food in warm water so it gets a little soft but the need to chew it and slowly make it a little harder so by 8 weeks old they are eating it hard.

thanks! I'm trying to plan ahead and be ready for when the 3.5 weeks comes!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
mastitis is no joke! Seen that myself! Also my puppy who is 7 weeks old is using paper litter pellets and she has take to it real well!

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Great post David! If her teet has mastitis, contact me. It's important to treat it a certain way or your life and mamma's life will be a living hell.

thanks, I will let you know what the vet says. The appt is Friday. The milk seems to look normal it's just red and a little hard

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Check her temperature, it comes on really fast. If she has it she may not eat very well and will have a temp. Of the milk is yellow on a white towel it could be starting. Friday will be too late.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
OMG. Too much cuteness. I don't know anything about breeding or newborn puppies, so no help. Just wanted to tell you how cute your bullies are and keep sharing those pics. Beautiful babies.

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Check her temperature, it comes on really fast. If she has it she may not eat very well and will have a temp. Of the milk is yellow on a white towel it could be starting. Friday will be too late.

Milk is pure white and her temp is normal. She is also eating in between each feeding like normal. I sent a picture to breeder and she said maybe one of the pups scratched her. I didn't clip their nails until last night it is kind of intimidating :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.