Check out this letter from the BCA website

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
It takes a minute to load, depending on your internet speed.....

fredoherrera

Feb 2, 2010
I'm currently looking for a bulldog puppy and i'm seeing a lot of people selling in other states with delivery option. what are the chances that they are going to take my money and i'll never see a puppy delivered?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmmm, pretty high. First of all, never put a large deposit on a puppy. Do your homework on the seller/breeder. Never buy a puppy that is advertised as $300 to $600, those are nigerian scams, and you see them all over. Look for a breeder that has a good reputation, otherwise I would travel a distance to get your bulldog, it is well worth the trip. This way you can see where the dog was raised as well. Not all breeders have huge kennels full of dogs, some just have a couple or a few girls they breed and otherwise they are kept as normal pets with loving families. :)

Rando213

Feb 7, 2010
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I would recommend finding a local breeder. It would be best to see the parents before making a decision. Having a dog shipped isn't a very bright idea since you don't know exactly who your buying the english bulldog from. I recently bought a 10 week old English Bulldog for $2000. The breeder provided me with all the shot records and AKC paper work. My puppys parents were very friendly and healthy. You want to make sure your getting a good bred before making any decision.

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
Ya I totally agree! We did our research before purchasing our dog. Our next one we are considering from anouther state but since it is "next door" we plan on making the trip to go pick up the puppy to see for ourselves what we are purchasing. Happy hunting PS Do not purchase from those puppy stores!

Rando213

Feb 7, 2010
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
That is the most important thing to know. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THOSE PUPPY STORES. They won't provide you with much details about the English Bulldog because it most likely came from a puppy mill.

joser

Feb 10, 2010
Pueblo, Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
If you do buy from a different state always pay with paypal. Paypal will guraantee your money back if you get scammed.! NEVER EVER USE MONEYGRAM (i learned that the hard way)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I have been looking for an EB in Hawaii, which is hard to find. I answered an add at isell.com for pups in Honolulu for only $500.

I was in luck, they had 4 pups available, but when I asked for the address to come see them, I learned that the pups are actually in Kansas. I explained that I would not put a pup through Hawaii's quaratine policies, so the helpful gentleman referred me to a breeder in Australia since Hawaii's policy allows Aussie pups in.

Again, I was in luck... there were 3 beautiful pups available through this Aussie breeder, for $900, and they were ready to be shipped. I received pictures and personality descriptions for each pup. My wife and I picked one that really captured us.

So the next step is to set up the shipping... I passed the breeder my phone number and asked him to call me or pass me his phone number... instead all I get is a lot of details on how the pup will be dressed in a red coat and how the docs will be attached to the crate, and do I prefer a morning or late afternoon deliver.

I'm suspicious, so I start searches on his name and email address... there are no connections to breeders or bulldogs to be found. I then search for puppy scams and learn how common this is. I look up his email address extension to find that it is from an internet service out of India. While conducting a few more searches, I happen to stumble upon a kennel in Florida that had my puppy listed... it had the exact same pictures that my Aussie breeder was sending me. So case closed, I'm able to prove this is a scam.

I didn't let my scammer know that I am on to him yet because I'm curious how he is going to play this out. I was puzzled that he didn't email me for a full day since I was expecting him to be urgent to get money from me. It all became clear today... I get an email from the Aussie Breeder's son saying that his dad asked him to email me to explain that he had to fly to Russia because Uncle Jimmy had a bad train station accident, but he still plans to get in touch with me to get me my pup by the end of the week. This all makes sense since the crook has to find a way to get me to send money somewhere besides Australia because he is not really in Australia to collect it.

I also emailed the Kansas breeder to ask how well he knew this Aussie breeder, and I got a grand story on how he can be %100 trusted and that they have gone to dog shows together and how the Kansas breeder was actually jealous of the Aussie's breeding stock. After comparing the two breeders sentence structures and specific english flaws, it confirmed that they were the same person.

It amazes me how easy it is for these guys to create lies so that they can steal your dreams... they have very dark souls and contribute nothing to society and mankind... I believe the world would be a better place without them.

So I have a clear scam case in progress... is there anything I should be doing? Can people in other countries be tracked and prosecuted for an attempted scam, or is it a waste of time to get riled up about it?

Anyway, I am now working with a reputable breeder from Australia, and have been talking to him on the phone... it looks very promising that I will have my dream back on track soon as he has a litter arriving in a few weeks. It is costing me much more, but at least my money is not going to a crook and I will have a new family member to show for it.

Attachments

• 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,782
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
My apologies Desertskybulldogs, I should have created a new thread with this story, I didn't realize I was tacking on to yours and I don't know how to fix it... Hijacking was unintentional.

Attachments

• mclovin.jpg
    mclovin.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 144
  • baby boo!.jpg
    baby boo!.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 135
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,601
  • 17.jpeg
    17.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 228

sumobulldogs

Aug 13, 2010
I am a breeder of bulldogs in Arkansas (who recently was hugely slandered and maligned with completly fabricated lies on this site which is how I even found this site....). I can tell you that if you live in Hawaii that in order to import a dog into HAwaii you have MAJOR hoops to jump through. Hawaii is a rabies free state. As such they have strict quarantine laws for incoming dogs. It basiclly makes it impossible to import a puppy to Hawaii. In order to bring a puppy into Hawaii the dog must have been vacinated twice with a rabies vacine. The youngest you can give the rabies vacine is 3 months, except for California, which is 4 months. So you give the first shot at 3 months, you then have to wait another 3 or 4 months, give the second shot, then wait another 3 or 4 months. After which you have to draw blood and send it in (there are two locations) one of which is the University of Kansas. They will test the titer levels in the dog's blood to verify that the dog has developed sufficient antibodies against Rabies. Only then can you ship the dog. If you follow this protocol and have it monitored by a vet before shipping you don't have to have your dog quarantined in Hawaii. But if not, there is something close to a 6 month quarantine where you dog will have to sit in a holding pen for months before it is able to be released in Hawaii. You can verify the exact current regulations by checking with the Hawaii customs. But this is close to what the rules were recently. The short version. Due to the long quarantine process, whether done outside Hawaii, or at the Hawaii customs location, a puppy can't be imported without some major expense and time involved. You should expect that most breeders won't ship to Hawaii as it is too much hassle, and the very, very few that will do this for you, don't expect to pay $900 for the dog. Just the process of the quarantine will cost you more than that.

Chad

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Thanks [MENTION=1039]sumobulldogs[/MENTION]

Yes, I have discovered the hoops involved in shipping a puppy from the mainland = it's not happening. I appreciate the detailed insight though. There are no quarantine restrictions for Australian pups though, so that is the route I'm taking. Buying overseas is risky though, as I'm painfully discovering, but perserverance will pay off.

But to stay in the spirit of this thread.... yes, shipping a bulldog from another state or country is very risky, even if you think you have done your homework. If at all possible, get to know the breeder well before taking the plunge.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online