Heart ache

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
My puppies have been fighting a bacteria in their stool the past few days. One of the pups was really weak which is what made me go to the vet and figure out what was going on. They were put on Albon and all seem to be doing better but she was very weak. Last night around 1 am while i was syringe feeding her she aperiated and passed away in my hands. I cant help but feel gulity. This is such a terrible thing to deal with. RIP Pinky

photo (8).jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry to hear you lost one of your puppies. Don't be so hard on yourself though, it's not anything you did, you took her to the vet and you have the others on medication, but a bacterial infection can come from anywhere and puppies are small and fragile. Pinky was already weak, and so couldn't fight off the infection, poor baby. I'm sorry for your loss Hun, and send love and prayers your way, and to the puppies that they heal from this infection and get stronger each day. This is not your fault , it's just something that happens. RIP Pinky.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh I'm so sorry. You did everything you could. :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry for the loss of Pinky..... HUGS to you

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sorry for your loss. I hope the infection gets cleared up in the rest of the litter with this dose of antibiotic.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=7777]Beachsidebully[/MENTION] Sorry you have to go through this, is this your first litter?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes it's my first litter which is probably why it is so hard and I'm taking it personally. I figured if one would of passed it would of been my runt who is thriving.

If you have not done your research , there's a breeders forum here that may be of some help. how old are the puppy's and how many do you have?

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
If you have not done your research , there's a breeders forum here that may be of some help. how old are the puppy's and how many do you have?

Oh I've done tons of research, and have a few local breeders helping me. This was just a bad turn of events. I've been posting on the breeders forum when I have questions. There was 7 in the litter, now 6

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
I am so sorry! I know by reading your posts how vested you were in these puppies and doing everything right. I am not a breeder but I do know how fragile these very young puppies are and I am sure you took wonderful care of them. Olive's breeder had a single puppy litter recently and lost her one puppy from an aspiration and she is also extremely attentive and she was devistated. I am sure you will hear from EBN breeders that can empathize with your feelings of sadness when you have put so much love, time and effort into your litter.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I've done tons of research, and have a few local breeders helping me. This was just a bad turn of events. I've been posting on the breeders forum when I have questions. There was 7 in the litter, now 6

Well, it sounds like you've done your research then, I'm so very sorry for the heart ache you are suffering. God Bless mama
I hope the rest of the litter will help to heal somewhat. I know they'll keep you plenty busy. :smoochwink:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So sorry for your loss. May Pinky RIP....

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
awww man, I'm sorry. It sounds like you did everything you could. Please don't blame yourself. :hug:
RIP little Pinky.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online