Proper nose rope, ears, tail

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I'm curious what are considered proper for show standards for nose rope, tail, & ears. Some ropes I see are so over done and some are non existent. Is the rope suppose to come to the tip of the nose? In regards to ears I know "rose" ears are proper but after being at the bully meetup and seeing so many. Variations in person I'm wondering. I see some dogs mainly makes that their ears are roses but the appear to be very low we almost on the side of their head. In regards to tails there is alot of variations. I see alot of bulldogs with euro bloodlines actually tend to have a pump handle tail. Alot of tails are kinked or bent. So what are the desires me traits. I've talked to other at shows also and they said alot depends on that particular judge and what they desire. I also know what the standard states and just looking for some insight and maybe pics of proper/improper.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Judges will mostly go with the AKC standard. But they also have things they like to see in a bully. So the nose rope really just depends on the judge. Ears, the "rose ear" is the most desirable. The tail, a straight about 2" tail is most desirable. They can also be screwed but not curved.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online