Scam?

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
When we were searching and researching for a bulldog, i found that website. Everything seemed legit, they sent pics info and everything as well as a phone number. The puppy was $850 plus $170 to ship to Texas, registered and with papers. They said they were from California but the number they gave me had a Minnesota area code, not to mention it was discconnected. When my wife emailed severl different questions about the puppy, we got no reply. Anyways just wondering becuase I went to the website today and they still have the puppies as " available".

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sounds like your instincts are telling you to beware. That price seems a little cheap for registered English Bulldogs. Be careful of 1) getting scammed with no puppy or 2) getting scammed with unhealthy puppy or not what you expect. If its sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
My Daddy used to say 'If it sounds to good to be true..... it probably is' consider talking to one of the rescue organizations in your area, or on Petfinder. If you are stuck on a puppy, for a reputable breeder, check with the local bulldog clubs.

and ask all you would like here :) :) we wont steer you wrong!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=7837]bcarro45[/MENTION] well the first clue was an EB puppy for $850.00. Selling them that cheap is either a scam or a puppy mill, either way just run as fast as you can. Number one you don't want to support a puppy mill. That cheap puppy will cost you way more money in the long run with health issues. If you want a cheap bully, look at the rescues. They have plenty of beautiful bullies at a small adoption fee. You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
I ended up getting my Beaux from a breeder here in Texas, good blood lines, very happy with the purchase. On another note, another "breeder" or should I say scammer from London,England wasbtrying to sell me one. I googled their address and it came back to The Buckingham Palace gift shop, so yeah there out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Sad but there are scams for every items, every dog and anything you can think of. Far too many people get scammed and I try to help everyone who contacts me. My goal is to be a steward of the breed and help educate people about buying. I had a friend contact me about a"potential" scam. I contacted the person by phone txt and pretended to be interested. Spent many days and txts asking questions that they had the wrong answer for or wouldn't answer.
They just kept saying to "trust them!" Everything is correct and I would get two dogs for $800.00 for both!

They said they were in Las Vegas.

I also tell people to be very careful about a low price, considering how much it costs to even produce a puppy.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.