Help!

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
One of the pups has not defecated the last two feeding. She has urinated and is eating and acting fine. I wasn't sure if they had to defecate each time or not? Just being a worry wart!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

I have no experience on breeding but I tagged some members who have a ton of experience and knowledge. Hope all goes well!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Relax, they may not poop each time, make sure you are stimulateing the bottom very good with a soft tissue, I use Kleenex. How old are the pups? Depending on how old they are and if they are still eating every two hours.

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
They are two days old. The others seem to defecate each time that's why I was so worried when she didn't. She's finally did since this post. Then again isn't going.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just keep making sure they have all had a chance to eat at the front tit and rotate them after every feeding.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] has givin you some great advise, just keep stimulating them each timea den make sure they get their fill of milk. Glad she finally went.

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thanks guy! I just get nervous being new at this! Thank God for this fourm :)

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Why the front teet? We always saved those for the bigger pups as they were fatter...and gave the bigger back teets to the runts......

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Why the front teet? We always saved those for the bigger pups as they were fatter...and gave the bigger back teets to the runts......

My suggestion is to rotate the pups to keep mum full of milk, you are right about the back being the fullest, as the front will generally dry up first, sorry for any confusion

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
If the pup isn't taking in much milk then she wouldn't have much to eliminate. Do you weigh them before and after each feeding?
Not each feeding no.. But every day at the same time I have been. She's gaining weight and I put her on first because she's small and make sure I simulate the little ones because they seem to fall asleep quicker. She seems to eat a lot.

Most Reactions