Update on Gypsy's 4 week old puppies

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
So puppies turned 4 weeks today and boy are they changing...Starting to see more and more wrinkles and their personalities fun fun....Now I'm a little concerned about their weight we started the puppy mush which consist of ( natural choice chicken, brown rice, and oatmeal puppy food, goats milk, and yogurt) same as mom just mushy and more wet they did great and eat it without a problem....they are eating that 3x's a day and every 4 hours nursing I have a water bottle in the pen and I do see them drink every now and then. I weighed all of them and they range from 3.4lbs being the runt to 4.4lbs, I know mom is only 42lbs and dad is around 55-60lbs so is that normal I've seen 4 week old puppies weighing close to 6-8lbs :nope: I know they are getting everything they need mom is producing more then enough milk and they are eating all the mush up and look so swollen afterwards...Also we started pee pad training and wow Im so amazed at how these guys know where to go, we have half of their pen with blankets and toys and the other with pee pads I set them on there before and after feedings and they go on it and I see them go to it in between to do their business I really hope this sticks because this is less clean up and laundry for me, lol, my loads have been cut to half since doing this :clap2: so Im sure my water and electric bill wont be as high as before :D. I'm giving them wormer the vet sent home with me after Gypsy's c-section, it says 1cc per 5lbs but they aren't there yet so I don't know how much to give? I guess I'll call the vet....if no one knows. The first 2 weeks was litterly hell for me as I'm such a worry bug plus being sleep deprived didn't help any ...Now I look back and am like wow that really wasn't too bad lol...plus I was recovering from the flu and it was Christmas week so we had family in from Tx visiting...But these last couple weeks have been so much fun and LESS stressful...I hate that its sooo cold here because I wanted to let them outside in our wooden fenced in yard around 5-6 weeks old...but I don't see that happening it's 25 degrees now :coldout:. Would love feedback if yall have any and if yall do things differently or I should....Thanks everyone yall have been a great life line don't know what I'd do without yall and this site :2thumbs:

Attachments

• SDC14808.jpg
    SDC14808.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 181

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I don't know anything about raising puppies other than they are beautiful, all of them. Looks like you are doing a fantastic job. I love their markings. Beautiful litter.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
What cutie pies :) I have no advice but they r so cute :( I want another puppy now my little piggly musta ate the one we got :p lol very cute ur a good furmom :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
They are so cute! I would say you are right on! On the bulldog growth chart I just looked at it said puppies should weigh a pound per week old so if they are 4 weeks they should weigh around 4 lbs and I think that continues tell they are 8 to 10 weeks then they really gain weight quick. I hope that helps also if you go to a search engine and type in english bulldog growth chart it will pull up that website that explains puppies weights and has the chart.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh yeah, they look awesome. looks like you made it

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great job, Mama! Really great lookin' babies and look very healthy.

Are they all spoken for?

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Oh my what a gorgeous bundle of fur babies!!! They are SO CUTE. Just looking at the picture melts mynheart with their cute little button tails and snuggly little puppy bodies. Their markings are so pretty. Makes me WANT ANOTHER BULLY PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
We only have one left and she's the runt but really pretty!!! I'll be sad once they all leave :(

Well, of course you will be!...amazing what all you did and with the flu & holidays & all?!!

You have earned my deepest admiration for such love & determination for those babies.

They really are beautiful
:heart:

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
I love the markings. Reminds me of my puppies. I think the weight of the puppies are right on. At 4 weeks, my puppies were 5.13#, 5.0#, 6.5#, 5.6#, & 4.6#.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They look great! Simply precious! For the wormer, it is always better to overdo then not give enough, they dont like it either so some can be lost, for those that are over 4# give the whole cc, those that are in the 3# range give them 8/10 of a cc. Using math for what he prescribed its 2 tenths of a cc per pound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.