Whelping box

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I have heard of people putting egg crate in the whelping box to help avoid complications with flat chested puppies. I was wondering what everyone thought of that idea. Also would the heat of the heating pad work as well which something as thick as an egg crate, or should i look into heating lamps? :thanks:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ohh ....... I remember @desertskybulldogs talking about egg crates with her bully babies. Let me tag her and also @Davidh and [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Egg crates, never heard of that, but it sounds like it would work,

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have no knowledge but she has tagged the people that can help you with this. aw new bullies how awsome.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have heard of other peeps using it, but we just roll up towels and put them under the baby blankets so they do not sleep on a hard surface. This will get them to sleep on their sides sometimes. We use these microwavable heating pads that stay warm for a long time and put them under the towels.

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thanks guys! Also any recommendations on a type of thermometer for the whelping box? So many options, not sure which is best :excited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Egg crate is good but washing it and keeping it sanitary is the problem. I am with David I prefer the towels and lumps method. However egg crate would be great to have on hand if needed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I don't know anything about breeding so really can't help but sounds like you got Lots of advise! Please let us know how it goes!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.