Needing to know if this is normal

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
Gypsy and puppies seem to be doing great..but here recently she has been feeding them about 15 mins and then getting up and leaving. It's like she doesn't want to feed them any longer. We try and keep her there or let her eat, get water, and use the bathroom and put her back in there but she stays for a few mins and then goes into her kennel. Is this normal is she instinctively weaning them? They just turned 3 weeks and they are on a 3hr feeding schedule during days and 4 at night sometimes they sleep from 11pm/12am through 5-6am. Should I be worried? I was going to start them on mush at 3.5 weeks but should I start sooner?? If anyone has had this happen please help me. Thanks

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sometimes mama's will do this, Lucy did and we just kept her in there to feed. I would just site there and pet and rub her so she would want to stay. I wouldn't start them on mush right now, wait until almost 4 weeks.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh yes to what [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said. I would even lay down behind Dolly and rub and pet her while she nursed. Their teeth might be getting a little sharp too. Keep her comfy and relaxed for just one more week mama

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.