Potty training a new litter

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
I was wanting some information/experiences anyone has had with potty training a litter of puppies....I currently have 6 two and half week old puppies, I've heard people say they start training them at 2 weeks and by the time they are 6 weeks they are trained..wow...I would love my puppies to be trained that young heheee. So any who has anyone done this? if so please share your tips/tricks so that I may give the new owners a somewhat already potty trained.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think any one who says they are potty trained at 6 weeks is full of it. You can start with puppy pads at 3 weeks and start letting them outside at 4 weeks as long as you have a fenced in back yard, where there is no chance of other animals coming in there and bringing Parvo in you back yard. Parvo can like in a yard up to a year. This is how we start our pups on their training. It just takes time, once they get 2 to 3 months old they will start to get the idea, but will still have an accident occasionally.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My breeder I got Lola from started training them at 3 to 4 weeks and it was a big help when I got Lola. She knew to go outside not that she didnt have accidents but she had the general idea. I think it would help the people getting your puppies!

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
Yes when I heard of training at 2 weeks and fully trained I thought that there's no way esp on how my puppies act around this stage lol...but I would like to help our potential buyers with having a somewhat potty trained bully....Plus Im sure that will help me too :) Thanks

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online