gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
Gypsy's litter is doing great but I had a few questions:

1st: Do they normally at some point have diarrhea ? They were constipated for 2 days and we stopped putting extra toppings on Gypsy's food and two days later they were normal again but it seemed like diarrhea and their bums were getting red and irritated so I put vasoline and some butt cream seemed to work.

2nd: They have reached the 10 day mark, so I've heard people saying at 10 days old you don't have to feed them every two hours but then I've heard that's at the two week mark?? what do yall recommend??

3rd: When do recommend to start on puppy mush and how often with feedings and do I add water for them to drink??

4th: I have one puppy who cries all the time....I make sure she's warm and stimulate her to if she has to go potty after doing all that she still cries for a long time after even when I put her on momma. She's the biggest of all puppies and is very strong not weak I don't know what to do...I don't want to handle them too much but will that be the only way to calm her down?

Attachments

• SDC14581.jpg
    SDC14581.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 154
  • SDC14582.jpg
    SDC14582.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 147

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Glad to hear the pups are doing well, you can go ahead and back off the time to 3 hours for a week and then every 4 hours at 15 days. When they're eye's open at 3 weeks is when I introduced the water plate, not a bowl but a plate or lid so they can't get into trouble, this is when I get them on the mush diet. You don't want the puppy's nursing when it's time for the vaccines. that is at 4 weeks for the first inoculation.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just wanted to say they are sooooo sweet, Mother & I are just oooohhhhing
and aaaaawwwwhhhing here in Texas
:heart:

Good job, Mom and I know someone here will answer those questions soon.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
You can buy a bottle like this
pPETS-3756890dt.jpg
Once their eyes are open they will figure this out. My breeder uses these and they work well that way they won't drowned or anything.

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
Awesome I will take yalls advise also....I have two puppies that constantly cry is there something wrong with them??? They are warm, they used the potty, and fed but always cry what do I do??

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh they're so cute! Congratulations. I can't help here at all but I'll tag a couple of other people who have newborn bully puppy experience.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sherry got the feeding covered, I don't know about the crying. Usually if they cry it is because they are uncomfortable. Do you have them on heating pads with lots of lumps and variances of temperature? If they are too hot can they move away, if they are cold can they find a warm spot? Note they should be in a box between 80-85 degrees at all times, but like I stated they should be able to find different temps in there to be comfortable.

Their poop can really get messy sometimes, usually from being overfed. Their digestive systems are very immature and even just the slightest change in mom's food will alter their poop consistancy. Keep coccidia in mind, if the poo ever becomes runny liquid pancakes you may need to call your vet to help get it solid again. Canned pumplin works great.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Congratulations they are so cute, sorry I am unable to help you with this.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like you have some good advise above, so congrats on your pups.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Glad to hear the pups are doing well, you can go ahead and back off the time to 3 hours for a week and then every 4 hours at 15 days. When they're eye's open at 3 weeks is when I introduced the water plate, not a bowl but a plate or lid so they can't get into trouble, this is when I get them on the mush diet. You don't want the puppy's nursing when it's time for the vaccines. that is at 4 weeks for the first inoculation.

:confused: why not nursing when they get shots? I've never heard of that before granted its been a quite a few yrs since I've had a litter of pups?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My breeder told me to make sure I stop nursing before the vaccines , so they can build their own antibodies . This is what I was told, maybe someone has a different thought on that. You could Google it. I haven't done that. just went by what I had learned. :)

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
My breeder told me to make sure I stop nursing before the vaccines , so they can build their own antibodies . This is what I was told, maybe someone has a different thought on that. You could Google it. I haven't done that. just went by what I had learned. :)

Just didn't think it was that soon. But it may be what the norm is like I said its been awhile. .. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
My new born pups were also constipated then seemed to have diarrhea with out me even simulating them. I held off for a few days thinking it was normal and finally this weekend one pup became really weak. They also had red bums and some a little bloody. Ended up having to go to the vet and they had bacteria in their stool and needed abx. So I'd keep an eye on them, my one little girl went downhill fast. It's been a rough few days for me. She still is very weak and I'm having to supplement her.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.