Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This site I am listing below is still getting off the ground, but I think it would be nice to add them to the SCAM Alert board.

And for those who buy a puppy or have bought a puppy, please rate your breeder!!!

http://www.thebreederratings.com/index.php

Thanks to SCBR and Love-A-Bull for sharing this link.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Does this site allow for anonymous rating? It looks like a sign in is required but I wasn't sure if there was way to prevent breeders from rating themselves, etc.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No I believe you have to give your info- so that would help in not letting them rate themselves. I am sure there are a few on here who could give some good- some bad-

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
This is a wonderful site! I am trying to sign up...my breeder is not on there either so I am trying to see if I can add her?

The Breeder Ratings

Oct 6, 2010
Does this site allow for anonymous rating? It looks like a sign in is required but I wasn't sure if there was way to prevent breeders from rating themselves, etc.

That’s a great question, and one that we thought of initially as well. The short answer is that social media sites all run a risk of having this happen to some degree. The premise of these sites is NOT to police activity, but to have an open forum. Urbanspoon.com, tripadvisor.com , and yelp are all great examples of social media in action, using only “consumer-generated” feedback to give an overall rating. It’s up to the user to filter through what appear to be bogus reviews among the majority of genuine reviews.

On the other hand, we have the ability to track IP addresses, meaning that if several ratings come from the same computer, we can investigate any suspicious activity and follow up on it. We try to keep this to a minimum, as it somewhat undermines the intention that “everyone has a voice” in social media.

Our hope is that the “overall” rating is a good indication of the quality of the breeder, and we feel that our platform supports this 100%.

The Breeder Ratings

Oct 6, 2010
Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be integrating a database where you'll be able to search breed specific rescue dogs in your area.

We feel this will strongly benefit our cause. Stay tuned!

Don't forget to join our facebook page and share with all your dog loving friends.

Your support is greatly appreciated!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
That’s a great question, and one that we thought of initially as well. The short answer is that social media sites all run a risk of having this happen to some degree. The premise of these sites is NOT to police activity, but to have an open forum. Urbanspoon.com, tripadvisor.com , and yelp are all great examples of social media in action, using only “consumer-generated” feedback to give an overall rating. It’s up to the user to filter through what appear to be bogus reviews among the majority of genuine reviews.

On the other hand, we have the ability to track IP addresses, meaning that if several ratings come from the same computer, we can investigate any suspicious activity and follow up on it. We try to keep this to a minimum, as it somewhat undermines the intention that “everyone has a voice” in social media.

Our hope is that the “overall” rating is a good indication of the quality of the breeder, and we feel that our platform supports this 100%.

Thanks for the response! Sounds good!

📰 Latest posts

Members online