Puppies feet

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
So our Gypsy had a litter of 7 her first litter too...But one did pass away :( any who we had one puppy whose feet look inverted or twisted has anyone experienced this..This is our first litter with the English bulldog breed, I've bred huskies and other dogs and never have I seen this before. So is this normal will they turn back or will I need to get the lil guy surgery?? He's very healthy and big but his feet look twisted :nope:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
If back feet dont worry they will most likely straighten out with good footing in whelping box, I always put on their back in my lap, and exercise them. Like riding a bike don't know if helps or gives me a reason to play with them more. My vet says its because they are all squished in the uterus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have no advice but I will tag some members that can help

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I hope everything works out good luck!!! Congratulations on the new baby's merry Christmas!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Don't know but Congratulations! and I'll keep those babies in my prayers and
that the boy's feet straighten out.

Merry Christmas and GOD bless y'all!
:christmas30:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have no idea either but hope they straighten themselves out!

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
[MENTION=5924]gypsysmommy[/MENTION] don't worry about the feet. All five of mine had the exact thing when they were born. The feet will straighten out as they get better at walking. Wherever you keep them, be sure to give them flooring that they can push with their rear legs and not just "swim." That will strengthen their legs and straighten them.

In my photo you can see that the incubator I left them in was lumpy with small towels and baby blankets and not flat. This helped with their footing and to avoid "flat chests." I hope I make sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356481550774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356481550774.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 142

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes the hind feet should turn around fairly quickly. It is very common in bullies. We have only had 3 of them but I have heard of entire litters born with it. They used to put the babies to sleep born with it many moons ago but eventually it was found to be common amongst breeders and also found that they grow up to be completely normal with no ill effects.

Yes, thick lumpy footing is very important. Hills and slopes, lumps and bumps!! Material should not be smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

A twisted foot is different than a puppy that is a "swimmer". Yes most all puppies have feet slightly turned. Each of our litters usually has one that seems to be "odd" shaped. Sure footing and working with them to help them to use their legs at a very early age helps in the muscle development.

Avoid slippery tile floor while feeding, towels, rugs etc for good footing in crates as they get older.

Lots of attention and time can solve most of the problems.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online