gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
@gypsymommy take a small syringe and fill it with 2 cc of warm water. Insert the syringe in the puppies behind and insert the water and that should help. The water helps to loosen the stools. Good luck.

Wow I did what you said and poor things must have been backed up...I feel so much better knowing they aren't backed up now, Would you recommend doing this every feeding or only when they aren't pooping....They are not as fussy now so I know they must have been uncomfortable. Plus the poop seemed almost solid and very long ughhh my heart hurt to to know they were hurting and putting that syringe up their booty ouch!!! Thanks sooo much you made my day I was soooo worried :)

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
You should stimulate, my method is using a Kleenex between thumb and pointer finger message gently almost like a little pinch vertically with the puppy's head up and tail down, just keep it up until the puppy goes potty. also make sure mom is making enough milk, check her nipples for milk. leave the pups on her for a good twenty minutes or until they get off her. Be careful of the puppy that's upside down eating, it could get into the lungs. @gypsysmommy

please keep me posted

I never leave them when their eating so if I do see one I turn it back the right way...I'll try what you said but I think I was doing that..I have mom on puppy food with tsp of yogurt, milk, cottage ch, pumpkin(canned), green beans, and carrots do you think that could cause the puppies to be constipated??

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
SDC14457.jpg ​Sweet babies!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I never leave them when their eating so if I do see one I turn it back the right way...I'll try what you said but I think I was doing that..I have mom on puppy food with tsp of yogurt, milk, cottage ch, pumpkin(canned), green beans, and carrots do you think that could cause the puppies to be constipated??

I don't think that diet would cause them constipation

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
@gypsymommy take a small syringe and fill it with 2 cc of warm water. Insert the syringe in the puppies behind and insert the water and that should help. The water helps to loosen the stools. Good luck.

Wow I did what you said and poor things must have been backed up...I feel so much better knowing they aren't backed up now, Would you recommend doing this every feeding or only when they aren't pooping....They are not as fussy now so I know they must have been uncomfortable. Plus the poop seemed almost solid and very long ughhh my heart hurt to to know they were hurting and putting that syringe up their booty ouch!!! Thanks sooo much you made my day I was soooo worried :)

[MENTION=5924]gypsysmommy[/MENTION] I'm glad to hear it worked out for your puppies. No, I wouldn't do it every feeding. That's only done when the puppies are constipated. Also, keep in mind that puppies don't always poop every time you stimulate them to go, but you should still stimulate them anyway to see if they'll go. They should be going poop a few times a day so don't freak out if they don't poop on one occasion. Good Luck....oh and beautiful litter you got there. Stock up on coffee and have your favorite TV channel ready! Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
@gypsysmommy I'm glad to hear it worked out for your puppies. No, I wouldn't do it every feeding. That's only done when the puppies are constipated. Also, keep in mind that puppies don't always poop every time you stimulate them to go, but you should still stimulate them anyway to see if they'll go. They should be going poop a few times a day so don't freak out if they don't poop on one occasion. Good Luck....oh and beautiful litter you got there. Stock up on coffee and have your favorite TV channel ready! Lol.

Thanks I deff have coffee and tv ready...They didn't go this last feeding but they went so much when I did the water I think they didn't have any more poop in them...I'll keep watching them. I think we decided to put just yogurt in her food maybe all that stuff was too much in the milk for the puppies to digest maybe, Ill talk with the vet once Christmas is over...I hate that they had to go through that it just broke my heart. Thanks so much for the help... I'm just a worry bug though :)

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
[MENTION=5924]gypsysmommy[/MENTION] oh you're not alone. With my girl I just fed her puppy food and added cottage cheese for the extra calcium. I also have her multi-vitamin to supplement her. I use Nuvet. Most of the vitamins and minerals go to the puppies anyway. So if you're not giving her a vitamin, I'd highly recommend you do.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=5924]gypsysmommy[/MENTION] has her neck cleared up? Just my opinion but, that collar looks really big and I think it would be really uncomfortable for her. She's a new mom and I feel bad for her

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like you got the advice you needed. I take a very warm wet cotton ball and rub back and forth from the belly to the anus, ever so gently. I can usually get them to poop after each feeding.

Mom's diet can change their poop, I found out the hard way. Whatever mom is eating, they are too and it does have a huge impact on the poop consistency while nursing. I would reduce all the additions, stick to the kibble, a bit of cottage cheese or powdered milk for extra calories and calcium, along with a NuVet or another good supplement. If you do not free feed normally you should allow mama to eat as much as she wants whenever she wants. Full bowl of kibble at all times. After two weeks they can get extremely thin it almost seems to happen overnight. The first week is not too bad because the pups are not drinking much but week two and three they will deplete her of everything she has and then some. I also feed mom water while she is nursing, ice water in a syringe, keeps her cool and relaxed while the pups feed, and it helps hydrate all of what is being taken out of her. Very sweet litter you have!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks I deff have coffee and tv ready...They didn't go this last feeding but they went so much when I did the water I think they didn't have any more poop in them...I'll keep watching them. I think we decided to put just yogurt in her food maybe all that stuff was too much in the milk for the puppies to digest maybe, Ill talk with the vet once Christmas is over...I hate that they had to go
through that it just broke my heart. Thanks so much for the help... I'm just a worry bug though :)[/QUOTE]

Awww, Honey, don't be so hard on yourself-you caught it right away and the great members here
came thru (I love our EBNers!) and it worked...great looking babies too, I love the one with the dark
color on either side of it's face :heart:
On the digestion, you may be right, my research indicates that even tho carrots, green beans, etc are
good for them, in their natural form...can't be digested and WHY we see the whole food in their poop,
it IS undigested. My advice is to break down those foods in a blender or a juicer and pour over the food,
that way it IS bioavailable to the body and useful as a nutrient source.

Great job, Mom-Congratulations on a fine litter & their Mom doing well and-Merry Christmas! :christmas22:

Most Reactions