4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
So Gypsy just had her first litter of 6 they all were doing great till the 3 day or so....They stopped pooping and it's worrying me, they kinda been more fussy and crying....I've tired manual stimulation because mom wont clean them so I do!!! But now they wont poop. what do I do??? Im going to call vet tomorrow but that's tomorrow and they prob wont be open since it's Christmas eve ugh..someone please help me. We have the mom on Nurto natural choice puppy food with Tbs cottage cheese, yogurt, pumpkin(canned), green beans, and carrots.

Attachments

• SDC14461.jpg
    SDC14461.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 158

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice as I'm not familiar with puppies that young, so I have no idea how to help you. Just wanted to congratulate you on your new puppies, and send my thoughts and prayers your way that you find a way to help them, and they are able to poop. I'm sure someone on here who is a breeder and has experience with this will come around and help you soon. Good luck.

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
@gypsymommy take a small syringe and fill it with 2 cc of warm water. Insert the syringe in the puppies behind and insert the water and that should help. The water helps to loosen the stools. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
Congrats on your new litter. Sleep deprived yet? Lol. My girl had a litter of 5 puppies and they're 7 weeks. Good luck!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would try the water thing as noted above! That sounds like it would work! Please keep us updated on how it goes!

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
And yes my hubby and I are very sleep deprived but it's all worth it when Im up at 2am with these sweet babies, The mom is a great mom just wish she would clean them but I know her under bite is too big to allow her too....Also is what Im putting in the moms puppy food any good? I read it was, but is that's what causing the puppies not to poop?

Last edited:

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
My girl did not stimulate the puppies until they were about a week old. She would not stimulate their butts though. I had to make em go. She tried a few times but just couldn't get passed the smell i guess. Keep us posted!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Congratulations, the puppies look adorable. I admire anyone who has the patience and love to bring puppies into the world in a responsible and loving way. I wish you all the best. I know there is a wealth of experience here. Keep us posted on those lovely wee fur babies :yes:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I hope everything goes well keep us posted with lots of pictures

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have no advice to offer. I will tag some memberrs that can give some advice [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Do not depend on mom to do it, you must stimulate the pups every time they wake up and before feeding. Just keep trying to stimulate them, to make them poop.

A

Alaskasmom1

I did the water in the syringe thing and it works immediately. Good luck!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You should stimulate, my method is using a Kleenex between thumb and pointer finger message gently almost like a little pinch vertically with the puppy's head up and tail down, just keep it up until the puppy goes potty. also make sure mom is making enough milk, check her nipples for milk. leave the pups on her for a good twenty minutes or until they get off her. Be careful of the puppy that's upside down eating, it could get into the lungs. @gypsysmommy

please keep me posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.