Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 26

Thread: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

  1. #13
    Alaskasmom1
    Guest

    Default

    I did the water in the syringe thing and it works immediately. Good luck!

  2. #14
    Potty Trainer gypsysmommy's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Do not depend on mom to do it, you must stimulate the pups every time they wake up and before feeding. Just keep trying to stimulate them, to make them poop.
    We do that but for some reason day 3 and 4 they arent poop one bit.

  3. #15
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    You should stimulate, my method is using a Kleenex between thumb and pointer finger message gently almost like a little pinch vertically with the puppy's head up and tail down, just keep it up until the puppy goes potty. also make sure mom is making enough milk, check her nipples for milk. leave the pups on her for a good twenty minutes or until they get off her. Be careful of the puppy that's upside down eating, it could get into the lungs. @gypsysmommy

    please keep me posted
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  4. #16
    Potty Trainer gypsysmommy's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    [QUOTE=Zapien;282710]@gypsymommy take a small syringe and fill it with 2 cc of warm water. Insert the syringe in the puppies behind and insert the water and that should help. The water helps to loosen the stools. Good luck.


    Wow I did what you said and poor things must have been backed up...I feel so much better knowing they aren't backed up now, Would you recommend doing this every feeding or only when they aren't pooping....They are not as fussy now so I know they must have been uncomfortable. Plus the poop seemed almost solid and very long ughhh my heart hurt to to know they were hurting and putting that syringe up their booty ouch!!! Thanks sooo much you made my day I was soooo worried

  5. #17
    Potty Trainer gypsysmommy's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    You should stimulate, my method is using a Kleenex between thumb and pointer finger message gently almost like a little pinch vertically with the puppy's head up and tail down, just keep it up until the puppy goes potty. also make sure mom is making enough milk, check her nipples for milk. leave the pups on her for a good twenty minutes or until they get off her. Be careful of the puppy that's upside down eating, it could get into the lungs. @gypsysmommy

    please keep me posted

    I never leave them when their eating so if I do see one I turn it back the right way...I'll try what you said but I think I was doing that..I have mom on puppy food with tsp of yogurt, milk, cottage ch, pumpkin(canned), green beans, and carrots do you think that could cause the puppies to be constipated??

  6. #18
    Potty Trainer gypsysmommy's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    -sdc14457-jpg ​Sweet babies!!

  7. #19
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsysmommy View Post
    I never leave them when their eating so if I do see one I turn it back the right way...I'll try what you said but I think I was doing that..I have mom on puppy food with tsp of yogurt, milk, cottage ch, pumpkin(canned), green beans, and carrots do you think that could cause the puppies to be constipated??

    I don't think that diet would cause them constipation
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  8. #20
    Wrinkle Wiper Zapien's Avatar
    Location
    Zillah, Washington
    Posts
    121
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nihya
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=gypsysmommy;282842]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapien View Post
    @gypsymommy take a small syringe and fill it with 2 cc of warm water. Insert the syringe in the puppies behind and insert the water and that should help. The water helps to loosen the stools. Good luck.


    Wow I did what you said and poor things must have been backed up...I feel so much better knowing they aren't backed up now, Would you recommend doing this every feeding or only when they aren't pooping....They are not as fussy now so I know they must have been uncomfortable. Plus the poop seemed almost solid and very long ughhh my heart hurt to to know they were hurting and putting that syringe up their booty ouch!!! Thanks sooo much you made my day I was soooo worried
    @gypsysmommy I'm glad to hear it worked out for your puppies. No, I wouldn't do it every feeding. That's only done when the puppies are constipated. Also, keep in mind that puppies don't always poop every time you stimulate them to go, but you should still stimulate them anyway to see if they'll go. They should be going poop a few times a day so don't freak out if they don't poop on one occasion. Good Luck....oh and beautiful litter you got there. Stock up on coffee and have your favorite TV channel ready! Lol.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  9. #21
    Potty Trainer gypsysmommy's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    [QUOTE=Zapien;282868]
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsysmommy View Post

    @gypsysmommy I'm glad to hear it worked out for your puppies. No, I wouldn't do it every feeding. That's only done when the puppies are constipated. Also, keep in mind that puppies don't always poop every time you stimulate them to go, but you should still stimulate them anyway to see if they'll go. They should be going poop a few times a day so don't freak out if they don't poop on one occasion. Good Luck....oh and beautiful litter you got there. Stock up on coffee and have your favorite TV channel ready! Lol.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    Thanks I deff have coffee and tv ready...They didn't go this last feeding but they went so much when I did the water I think they didn't have any more poop in them...I'll keep watching them. I think we decided to put just yogurt in her food maybe all that stuff was too much in the milk for the puppies to digest maybe, Ill talk with the vet once Christmas is over...I hate that they had to go through that it just broke my heart. Thanks so much for the help... I'm just a worry bug though

  10. #22
    Wrinkle Wiper Zapien's Avatar
    Location
    Zillah, Washington
    Posts
    121
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nihya
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    @gypsysmommy oh you're not alone. With my girl I just fed her puppy food and added cottage cheese for the extra calcium. I also have her multi-vitamin to supplement her. I use Nuvet. Most of the vitamins and minerals go to the puppies anyway. So if you're not giving her a vitamin, I'd highly recommend you do.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  11. #23
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    @gypsysmommy has her neck cleared up? Just my opinion but, that collar looks really big and I think it would be really uncomfortable for her. She's a new mom and I feel bad for her
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  12. #24
    Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sweetpeasmom2008's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,518
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: 4 day old puppies not pooping HELP!!!

    Glad it worked!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •