RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm soo happy about this and wan't to tell the world...today 8 puppies were born naturally...6 girls and 2 boys. The litter was huge 10 all together, but unfortunatelly 2 were born dead.
Maybe the owner will let me post some pics later on...

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
That is wonderful! Lola's mother had her little naturally too! I think its the best way if the mama can do it! oh and :pics:

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is very dangerous to let them have their pups naturally. Good way to loss mom and pups both. One water pup get stuck and it's all over for them, unless you can get to a vet quickly. I would never take that chance. But glad it worked out for them.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It is very dangerous to let them have their pups naturally. Good way to loss mom and pups both. One water pup get stuck and it's all over for them, unless you can get to a vet quickly. I would never take that chance. But glad it worked out for them.

David is right. Dolly had 11 healthy puppy's naturally, not by my choice, but none the less, it worked out that way.
Sorry to hear of the two that didn't survive.
My favorite breeder's one female died the other week of a heart attack because she was carrying too large of a litter. She was due on the 3rd of Nov. Just Devastating
This breed is full of surprises. Was your friends litter planned naturally or didn't make it until the due date? Just curious.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
David is right. Dolly had 11 healthy puppy's naturally, not by my choice, but none the less, it worked out that way.
Sorry to hear of the two that didn't survive.
My favorite breeder's one female died the other week of a heart attack because she was carrying too large of a litter. She was due on the 3rd of Nov. Just Devastating
This breed is full of surprises. Was your friends litter planned naturally or didn't make it until the due date? Just curious.

The litter was conceived naturally and delivered naturally as planned. A lot of breeders here also only breed the ones that have been conceived and born naturally. I know of a bitch that died from complications from a c-section not too long ago, so it can go horribly wrong both ways. Not all litters survive in any breed.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
The litter was conceived naturally and delivered naturally as planned. A lot of breeders here also only breed the ones that have been conceived and born naturally. I know of a bitch that died from complications from a c-section not too long ago, so it can go horribly wrong both ways. Not all litters survive in any breed.

Yes to that also, I did hear of the natural method also for litters that were born natural. You too are correct on that.
Now for those pictures. :yes:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im to scared to breed Lola because I just dont know enough to make that commitment but I have heard of things going wrong both ways.

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Otis's mom died during her c-section. It was her third litter. We are so thankful that Otis survived.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.