Heat questions

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Hi. I'm not a breeder and do not plan to breed, but i do have a female in heat right now and have questions. Question one is should the boys be hanging out at my doorstep while Aunt Clara is in the bleeding stage of heat? I haven't seen any, and i hope they don't show up, but i was not sure whether this would happen later when she is in standing heat, which brings me to my next question. Is there still a discharge during standing heat that would require her to stay in her pull ups so as not to get stinky drippings around the house? I just need to know what I'm in for next. Thanks

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't know why the boy dogs are not there, consider that a GOOD THING! They can smell it before they even start bleeding from my experience owning males and females.

Yes there will be discharge during the whole heat, some very bloody days and some not during ovulation, but likely you will want her protected during the full 3 weeks.

OP
matzwd

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Thank you so very much, Desertsky! That was exactly the information I needed. We do live on acreage, but we also still have neighbors in all directions which is why I was wondering. I do have a neutered boy in my household who doesn't seem to take any interest in her either, a good thing.:-)

Aunt Clara has an inverted vulva that we are hoping will correct itself at least some by having a heat cycle. It's still an inny as far as I can see, though, just a bigger inny, lol. Should I expect anything better by the end of the cycle?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.