Breeders in houston, tx area

Dice6582

Oct 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Hello,
Let me start by saying I am new to this site and I having issues finding a breeder in the Houston, TX area. I live closer to Galveston, TX and all I have really found is one breeder in Houston and she is charging $2500.00 dollars for her puppies. Even though I love these dogs I can't see paying a thousand dollars more for a puppie that I could get in Sulphur Springs, TX. I am not wanting to breed her or try to make money off of her; I just want her to be my new baby. I would consider to just adopt an older Bullie but my husband says if I get one he wants it to be a pup and has to be a female. Can anyone help me with my quest to find a reputable breeder in the Houston, TX area.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello,
Let me start by saying I am new to this site and I having issues finding a breeder in the Houston, TX area. I live closer to Galveston, TX and all I have really found is one breeder in Houston and she is charging $2500.00 dollars for her puppies. Even though I love these dogs I can't see paying a thousand dollars more for a puppie that I could get in Sulphur Springs, TX. I am not wanting to breed her or try to make money off of her; I just want her to be my new baby. I would consider to just adopt an older Bullie but my husband says if I get one he wants it to be a pup and has to be a female. Can anyone help me with my quest to find a reputable breeder in the Houston, TX area.

If you can get a bully $1,000 cheaper it is likely it is a puppy mill bulldog or imported, stay away!

The initial cost is only the beginning with this breed. Be prepared to spend at least $100 a month with food and pet insurance (highly recommended). Getting a bully that is cheaper up front will only cost you more in vet bills down the line. Get from a reputable breeder who 100% stands behind their puppies is what you want. You will pay more up front but it is good to have that extra with this breed. Also make sure you do your research and that a bully is the right breed for you. If money is an issue, then more than likely you should look for a similar but less expensive breed to own.

I will message you with an awesome breeder in TX, not sure when his next litter will be but I am sure he can help you find a great breeder if not. Also waiting for a litter is well worth it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I totally agree with @desertskybulldogs, you get what you pay for. Most peeps that sell them cheap is either a puppy mill selling sick pups, or imports, or a back yard breeder who just through two bullies together and breed them, and have no idea of the blood lines or health of the bullies. Like ahe said you pay now or pay dearly later. Plus a reputable breeder will stand behind their pups and are willing to take them back if for some reason you can no longer take care, or want them.

tjandmegan

Sep 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Hello,

We're picking up our puppy from the breeder you're referencing in Sulphur Springs, TX on Friday. We've spoken with her several times and visiting her a few weeks back. She's been nothing but kind and patient with us, and at this point I'd really recommend her.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I live in Houston TX and I got my puppy from a breeder in the Woodlands. Message me if you want her info but I paid the full price (what you mentioned above) and I feel safe that she has great quality and healthy dogs and she LOVES all her dogs, which for me if the most important thing.

My puppy is 14 weeks and trust me I have spent A LOT of money on her so far so be concious that acquiring a new puppy will cost you more than just the breeder fees. All the vet bills specially during their first year, high quality food and all the special things should be counted as well.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.