$250 bulldogs

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Long story short, my parents knew we were looking for a bully so sent us the info off a bulletin in Walmart in Northern, MD. We talked with them and saw pictures via email - literally the cutest bulldogs ever. It was immediately to us too good to be true. But perhaps they were older bull dogs, or whatever, so we inquired. This person told us of the long story of how his wife had died and he couldn't bear to look at the bulldogs any longer, but also wanted to give them to a good home so he could "keep in touch" with them. The whole thing just sounded really fishy. When we asked them where the puppies were located, and he said Ohio, that's when we really got our answer. How did someone in Ohio advertise in a local Walmart halfway across the country?

We're thinking the scam is this: send them the money and then they never send the puppy. It was also evident this person's first language was not English. Buyer beware...

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is, especially if you can't go visit the breeder and see the puppies before/at purchase.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Smells like bad fish to me too

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Very smart of you to catch on to all that.... thanks for posting this

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
These ads are everywhere!! They also make up fake breeder websites and steal cute pics off the Internet to use. It's awful!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hate spammers!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Yea $250 for the puppies, but we have to transport them to you.... send money 1st yada yada yada yada

You were wise to steer clear of that. :) :)

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Good post. Sad thing is someone somewhere will fall prey to the scam. :(

Yeah, especially to someone who hasn't done their research. The pictures of the dog they were selling I could tell they could easily get $2,500 for. $250 just didn't make any sense.

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
You would also probably have to pay them in cash or send the money via western union. They have these scams all over the place and try it with different breeds as well. We saw one and the person was supposedly in Hawaii, but had an ad here in Houston.

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Yeah, it is a very common scam. When we were searching for our puppy, I sent out several email inquiries... got the same story back from most of them, just with different variations. So glad we didn't fall for it!!!

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I find it very strange/funny that some of the same pups pictures are on different websites. Pointed this out to my GF that first thought that she fell into the deal of the century.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online