Reputable breeders?

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Yes chicago and illinois bulldog review already decided that we are not eligible, thats how i determined we are going to have to purchase a pup bc ebd's are rarely in any other type of shelter around here bc everyone knows to bring them to the rescue...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yes chicago and illinois bulldog review already decided that we are not eligible, thats how i determined we are going to have to purchase a pup bc ebd's are rarely in any other type of shelter around here bc everyone knows to bring them to the rescue...

They are rescues not shelters :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hi .. I work for Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs, and we do have the guideline to not adopt out to families with children under the age of 8 years old. We can never guarantee the background of the bullies who come into our rescue. The majority of them come from a background where they have been physically and emotionally neglected and mistreated. After much thought, we decided we could not take the risk of putting a bully in a home with smaller children and potentially put the child and/or bully at risk. It's not even that every child is going to mistreat a dog, but they are smaller and move faster. They play loudly with their friends and can be excitable ... which is EXACTLY what every child should be like. Some bullys who come into rescue can perceive all this normal childlike behaviour to be a threat. It would break our hearts to find a child has been bitten by a bulldog who is in our care as a foster, or has been adopted through us.

So I do hope that you understand why a rescue can not adopt out to you at the moment. It is no reflection on you and your family, but our committment to keeping everybody and every bully as safe as we know how.

Unfortunately, I can't be of much help giving you a list of breeders either. All I can recommend is that you take a look at the Bulldog Club of America website and they will have some breeders in your area listed. :yes:

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Oh I totally understand why children can make the difference in approval. And don't have any hard feelings about it. I just wish it was more a dog by dog basis as some dogs probably came from households with children. But of course it is always better to be safe than sorry. I just feel like so many dogs need a home, and it seems unfair to the dog to automatically assume the worst. But on the other hand, it would be even worse if the dog was surrendered AGAIN because of being incompatable with a kid. Also you obviously can socialize the dog better when it doesn't have a "past". Anyways, I fell in love with the breed, so now it is more of just finding a breeder that I love more so then a dog, bc we'll be "molding" the dog as we grow as a family.....

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
@2BullyMama could you PM me that same info.? I am looking into getting another puppy in the near future and have been looking into different breeder options. I am in WI so the IL, IN, WI areas would work for me too. Thank you!!! :)

I swear I didnt forget about you! I have been on the laptop a few times, but have had the hardest time navigating the website! I dont even know HOW to go about forwarding you a message from my inbox! I use the tapatalk app, and it is the same on every forum. Anyways, I will be able to get on the laptop for more than just a few seconds tonight, and I will send you the info and links that I have received.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I swear I didnt forget about you! I have been on the laptop a few times, but have had the hardest time navigating the website! I dont even know HOW to go about forwarding you a message from my inbox! I use the tapatalk app, and it is the same on every forum. Anyways, I will be able to get on the laptop for more than just a few seconds tonight, and I will send you the info and links that I have received.

When you are on the laptop to forward..go to your inbox for personal messages. Then you can pull up any message you have there and look at bottom.should be a Forward box. Then an area will how where you type in whose name you want to or ward it to. Then send! It is difficult to get around on Tapatalk! In fact, when I was new here I had a difficult time on PC! Lol! Let us know if you need anything!

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Finally sent them all to you! Sorry out took so long. Turns put it was not the phone or the tablet's fault it was totally user error! Good luck on your search! Move has been post poned bc the money for the dog its being used as a down payment on a house instead! still going to stalk the forum though and will begin saving again, but now the pup will have a yard :-) (currently in an apt). I was going to borrow the money from myself bc it was seeming more and more like the house thing was going to be a while, and them of course the house happens and doing both at the same time wouldn't be fair or responsible....*sigh* do for now I will be living vicariously via the forum...

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
You can find a list of BCA approved breeders on their website. This is the best option when starting your search. Where do you live again? If you are in the area I am familiar with I will be happy to provide you with a few names of breeders I personally know.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I am in Illinois. Willing to go as far as about a 4 or 5 hour drive from Chicago...feel free to send me a pm with recommendations

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.