Guess what I saw on the way home from work today?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Can you believe this?: I saw a garage sale type sign in the grass by a truck stop, it was just before getting on I-295 by a very industrial part of Jacksonville. It said AKC English Bulldog puppies for sale then had a phone number!!!!!!!!!!

Now what kind of legit breeder does this? I don't go by this area often but today I got off the interstate to get gas. I really want to go by take down that number, maybe it is one I know!?!?

Here is Jacksonville I am used to these signs for Pits.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
We have alot of new english bulldog "puppy peddlers" now.Its so and the puppies and new puppy parents have to suffer from "bad breeding".

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
tell me about it, I got one of those. I wouldn't trade her for anything, but it makes me soooo mad that people are doing this.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
PS: I have a patient who is security at JIA, She is checking to see if I can get a list of bulldog puppy imports, if public record, I want to know who is getting them.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I know of one breeder who openly advertises their imports. I will have to find the name of her website , she is a really nice lady and does check the imports before she sells. i met her when i posted an ad for a deaf bully and she responded but $1600 for a deaf puppy without knowing what else could be wrong since she was imported is a bit much. We lost our deaf hybrid almost 2 yrs ago and I have ran into alot of nice and not so nice breeders looking for another deafie.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Scope the place out and call animal control if it looks bad.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Well then they can't be AKC! and from what I understand it is against the law to sell imported pups under 5 months. Yes, at least she is honest with people, however she needs to stop. Rumor has it Bella's "breeder" has done this.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
PS: I have a patient who is security at JIA, She is checking to see if I can get a list of bulldog puppy imports, if public record, I want to know who is getting them.

That would be awesome!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree the English Bullies here have enough issues without bringing in the "british" and "euro" lines.

Those lines are wonderful- if again, purchased from a reputable breeder. The problem is the puppy mills OMG the puppy mills!!!!....... My baby girl Sarah was from a puppy mill in Hungary. Hear there is TONS of them there, and this is where a lot of the imports come from.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I dont understand how these "puppymills" can thrive, I've seen one b4 and I WAS HORRIFIED!! and why do the clubs register them? there should atleast be some type of inspection before they can be registered and for imports there should be more regulations regarding the "quality" of the puppy or dog. I "rescued" an olde english that came from a pet store here in orange park, fl and im sure Bella's Mom knows the one I'm talking about. This poor boy had SEVERE hip dsyplasia and was only 10mnths old. I had him fixed so some "crazy" wouldnt try to breed him and found him a GREAT home after checking vet references and his new family scheduled a consult with their vet for furture surgery in hopes of correcting his problem. Until these puppy mills are eliminated these defects are just going to become more common and worsen over time.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know, but until our government makes some laws regarding importing and breeding it will just continue. Its sick. You look at Rick Johnston AKA "RJ" or Brook Rouque- they just keep changing their kennel name, create a new website, they are back in business. Sick people.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't know how one would go about getting some kind of law made. I guess petitioning your congressman? I sure wish I knew. I have an interview soon about Bella's EPI with the local newspaper, I am going to start planting bugs!!! I also have a very close friend who is a new reporter for the local news. If I find out info from JIA (Jax Int airport) I am going to talk this over with him...I think it would make a very interesting story!

dashghahary

Sep 12, 2010
Ramsey, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Leia
My puppy was given to me as a gift. She was purchased from a breeder, but not a decent one. When I went to pick her up, I felt like I was abandoning her if I didn't take her due to my feelings about the breeder. Is there anywhere that you can report someone that is obviously only doing it for the money? This may be off topic, so I apologize ahead of time.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
You can report to AKC if they are registered or so i've heard and if the dogs are sick or there housing looks unfit you can report to your local ASPCA

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online