is philly an english bulldog or an olde english

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
hi, just curious on whether philly is an ebd or an olde english,he is about a year old. we got a lot of comment that he is quite a tall fellow, how do you differetiate the 2 breed? thanks guys..:confused:

20120918-IMG_8216.jpg20120918-IMG_8217.jpg20120918-IMG_8218.jpg20120918-IMG_8220.jpg20120918-IMG_8223.jpg20120918-IMG_8224.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well he could be a mix. The olde English have a slightly longer snout, are a bit taller and usually weigh close to or around 100 lbs. He is a little taller than normal and his snout is a little longer, that's why I think he could be a mix between EB and OEB. But still a good looking boy.

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Well he could be a mix. The olde English have a slightly longer snout, are a bit taller and usually weigh close to or around 100 lbs. He is a little taller than normal and his snout is a little longer, that's why I think he could be a mix between EB and OEB. But still a good looking boy.

Thanks, may be he is mix, Philly is about 60lbs now but still looks slim for his weight:). Hope he will start to fill up someday.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=5748]angelIV[/MENTION] he will fill out, he is only a year old and still growing. Bullies don't stop growing until around age 2 or 3.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think he looks more like an EB, just with longer legs. My Mandy is leggy, she is also about 50lbs which is big for a female, and she has CH lines so you never know!

IMG_5834.jpg

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Thanks everyone, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Philly does have some similar traits. Thank you again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with other.. could be a mix but it does not matter --- he is very handsome!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I think EB and he still has some growing to do, Vegas is taller than most I see on here too. Longer legs and longer body.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My Lola is still a puppy but she is tall and her body is long but she is AKC so I know she is a EB so you never know!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Where did you get your dog from?
Do you have pedigree papers from the breeder or person you got from?

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
[MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION], we adopted Philly, no papers were given, nor do we know his real bday. His former owner needed to leave the country and left him to a friend who was not able to care for him, ended up in a rescue center. We had 2 vets, well 3 including the rescue's vet estimate his age to be about a year old may be less.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Not all Oldes weigh 100 pounds or so. It depends on the breeder and the lines. I've seen many that are as small as or smaller than standard EBs. The legs are long but Zelda's legs were longer too so there's no telling for sure. I'd go with what the papers say if you have them. Do you really care? It shouldn't matter unless you are planning to breed. If you're interested in the Olde side of the equation, I can give you some links to Olde discussion boards or breeders.

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Not all Oldes weigh 100 pounds or so. It depends on the breeder and the lines. I've seen many that are as small as or smaller than standard EBs. The legs are long but Zelda's legs were longer too so there's no telling for sure. I'd go with what the papers say if you have them. Do you really care? It shouldn't matter unless you are planning to breed. If you're interested in the Olde side of the equation, I can give you some links to Olde discussion boards or breeders.

Thank you, I was just curious about it. Philly is already neutered.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online