English bulldog OR olde English bulldog??

ZuesKaneLeyla

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zues Kane & Leyla
(i have no idea where to post this but o well hopefully someone can help me)

Ok so about almost a year ago a friend of mine gave me his 3 1/-2 year old male now hes 4 English bulldog because he was leaving out of the US and wasn't able to take him so i would never let him take Kane to the shelter cuz i kinda felt he was mine also,i live next door to "KANE(white and brown)" so he knows me really well and knows My Male English bulldog Zeus also (best friends lol) so the point is that KANE is ginourmous in body size he is not tall or anything like that but hes big as u can see compared to Zues, So the point is that me and my brother always have this discussion that goes on for hours he says "KANE" is a Olde and i say Hes a English? Can i get some opinions?

This is KANE..

28wc7s5.jpg

Zues (brindle) Kane(white & brown)
35d6p1k.jpg

xb05z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Re: Eglish bulldog OR olde English bulldog??

Easy answer -

BULLDOG ! :) I know there is a difference between Olde English and English, as there is with American and English. but I'm not expert. so I'm trying to relieve the stress between you and your brothers argument :) (you can get a DNA test done, to know 'for sure', they really arent expensive either)

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter

He looks like an English Bulldog to me!!

OP
ZuesKaneLeyla

ZuesKaneLeyla

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zues Kane & Leyla

Easy answer -

BULLDOG ! :) I know there is a difference between Olde English and English, as there is with American and English. but I'm not expert. so I'm trying to relieve the stress between you and your brothers argument :) (you can get a DNA test done, to know 'for sure', they really arent expensive either)

I New it!! but Kane is just a BEAST MAN! like look at him!! lol hes humongous like no lie hes a lil bit longer than Zues by a tiny bit but still same height, but kane body structure is just awesome i always have people asking me if hes up for STUD SERVICE but since i wasn't so sure that he was a English or Olde english i would say no lol ..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
In the photo you have provided I would say Kane is not Olde, but if I could see a side profile view and standing view I could be certain.

It is possible that he has both types of bloodlines. If he is Olde, he has an enormous amount of face and head wrinkles! He actually resembles the lines from the bulldogs in other countries.

I would think [MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION] has a good answer here.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I say 100% English Bulldog. I've seen Olde English and he looks NOTHING like that. My Vegas is 100% English bulldog and he looks different than the typical standard EB. Here is a picture of my baby.

img5312sp.jpg

By libra92673 at 2012-07-05

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would say English only because of that head and face. I thought that OEB had a little longer snout and less wrinkles as well as longer legs, thinner body. I could be wrong but I don't think so. My mom has an OEB and he is much taller and thinner than the English with a less squishy face.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Kane could be either an OEB or EB. Google OEBs and look at the website that has pictures. Some of them look just like EBs, same wrinkly face and stature and others look like American Bulldogs with regular dog tails.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

ENGLISH Bulldog for sure.

Don't let his body size fool you. The BCA standards list the "normal" weight "Size -- The size for mature dogs is about 50 pounds; for mature bitches about 40 pounds." (http://thebca.org/ilstd.html)

While this is the "normal" range for Bullies, the European version is about 20% bigger. With so many more Bullies being imported into the US for breeding programs, there are many bigger size bullies.

I have a male imported from S.Africa. His bloodlines are a very big body bloodline. In his younger days he was at 90-95 lbs. He is almost 6 years old now and I have down to around 85 lbs now.

Yes, your KANE is a EBD.

Good Day~

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
Here is my S.Africa dog named DOZER as in Bulldozer:
Almost 6 yo, still at 85 lbs.

Not fat, just big!

Dozer Aug 12.jpg

Good Day~

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I show and breed bulldogs and he is definately English! Although AKC define's them only as Bulldog since they are the first of many different Bulldogs to come after them....:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online