English Bulldog Breeding Information

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow, nice job - very comprehensive. I can say, for absolutely certain, I do not have what it takes to ever do that.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Sorry I didn't see that you posted everything involved in breedin but here is what was involved in my breeding of Safari/Reiver litter...Very well said. On my present litter it was far more than $2500 invested. So you need to have more than 3 puppies to make anything. And this list is only if everything goes right. It also takes alot out of you if a puppy die's or mom gets sick. Very little sleep for at least 3 weeks. Can't work for at least 3 weeks because puppies can't be left alone with mom till they can walk for fear of mom laying on one. I bred to a well known breeder and have 3 left so sometimes you can't sell them all. Scary but the economy is really bad soooo..... A lot of work but so worth it when all goes right. Wishing everyone good luck if they decide to take that step.

1- progesterone testing $250 + sometimes much more as more testing is needed to find ovulation
2-surgical insemination $600
3-C-section $1000+
4-after care $500+ supplies
5- shots &check up $500+
6-Advertisements $200+
7-Stud fee $800
8-shipping semen $80+
9-Feeding puppies $300 (mom needs 2-3 times more food)

Last edited:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
And that is why I will NEVER breed bulldogs!!! I've used my AKC yellow lab once for stud and got pick of the litter and that was as close as I wanted to come to breeding! He was such a momma's boy that I had to drive him out to his "girlfriend's" house every other day for a week because he wouldn't stay out there without raising a ruckus. So I felt like his pimp, driving him 30 miles, he gets busy, and then he gets to come home and relax!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.