Does anyone know of conception percentages with different forms of breeding

OP
Wrangler

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Moxie is pretty! What does the dad look like? I wonder if the pups will look like her?

Thank you! We agree about her looks! ;-)

Here is who she is bred to. He is a genetically blue champagne coated EB.
38217b3e.jpg

He is just of age to breed

OP
Wrangler

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Here is moxies sire.
7a2966ab.jpg

I think they look alot alike in type and color

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I take it they are not AKC registered....Those colors aren't recognized by AKC standards!
Roanne

OP
Wrangler

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Actually moxie(the black tri) is AKC while Lola(brindle) is CKC.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I take it they are not AKC registered....Those colors aren't recognized by AKC standards!
Roanne

AKC does not care but the BCA (bulldog club of america) frowns upon breeding of these colors.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Everyone has an opinion. Experience adds value to the opinion.

Here is mine:
As a disclaimer, allowed in this section, I am a breeder.

90-95% of EBD are made by AI and 90-95% are delivered by C-Section. Certainly this is not new for most Bullie breeders.

How the AI is done gets to be a science. There are 3 main ways ( not counting natural ) was of creating pregnancies. Vaginal, trans-cervix and surgical.

The other factor is whether the sperm is fresh, cooled, frozen.

I have used the cytology method for years. I have two of my own studs so collecting at the day they were ready was never an issue. For the past few years I only used vaginal AI. Starting early on checking slides is critical. Since estrous happens differently, waiting the same number of days to breed is not practical. I have had several liters using this method.

Now I have a better vet. This vet clinic is very cutting edge, at least compared to my other vets?

Here is the method I am now using:
Instead of cytology, I am using progesterone testing. This is MUCH more exact. Blood testing is the best exact method of knowing when.

Taking a baseline blood reading BEFORE they come into heat, determines what the reading is. Most likely close to zero. Once the heat cycle starts I start checking at 5 days. Possibly to early, but each of my females progress differently. I take a blood sample every other day to know EXACTLY when to breed. Yes, this is very costly. The blood test costs me $100 each. I would rather pay this money then to miss a breeding. I missed one in early February by possibly 1-2 days. My "other" vet said I should wait to check again. When I checked, she was at a 9.5 I was breeding to an outside male so I have to contact and get a shipment. They couldn't get to the vet that day, went the next day, shipped. When I bred her, I had another blood test done on that day. She was at a 15.

Breeding needs to be done starting at 4.0 and above. If you are using fresh, breed 2 days in a row, skip a day and then a third time. This places sperm possibly 24 hours early prior to ovulation. Since sperm lives for 72 hours, this coverage allows for several days of possible coverage.

Using the trans-cervix is VERY successful. Less evasive than surgical and equally as successful. The scope is inserted with a camera that can see the cervix. The pipet is inserted past the cervix and the semen is planted spot-on! The amount of semen that is used is only 3ml. This is the amount that can be held in the cervix.

Using a vaginal AI, more is used, but a large portion of the fluid is not able to transverse the cervix. Thus AI trans-cervix allows for a more concentrated volume. The shipped semen is spun down to separate and then a fresh extender is added to make up a 3 ml does.

This method not only has a VERY high success rate, why this is better, is the NUMBER of puppies from a liter is higher than average. Why have a liter with only 1-3 when 7-9 can be produced for the same investment?

Maybe too much, maybe too technical?

Good Day~

OP
Wrangler

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Thank you for your very informative reply! Very interesting information...ESP the trans-cervical insemination. I often wondered why trans-cervical insemination wasn't just the standard. I know when breeding horses we always went thru to the cervix and deposited the semen.....so to me that just makes sense!

Most Reactions

Members online