New forum for those who show their bulldogs!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here is a new forum for those who show and are interested in learning more about show competitions.

Enjoy! :D

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree :yes: This is a good idea for people to share information and give tips.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Freakin' eh..... why didn't we think of that sooner --- excellent idea!!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lol we did have one but noone posted in it so I deleted it. You have a new member to thank for me bringing it back :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
This was Pebble's first show and she took WB/BOW CHEROKEE LEGEND CHIP OFF THE ROCK

Scan.jpg

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

And thank you. The EBN has something for everyone.
Bullie owners - yes, me, LOVE 'EM
Bullie breeder - yes, me, LOVE 'EM
and I show. - Yes, Me, LOVE TOO!

I showed as amateur in Arabian Horses for 25 years. Was scared to death the first time, and then only mildly nervous still at 25 years later. Retired from showing horses now.

Have been involved with Bulldogs for 6 years now. I had to wait until I had a Bullie that was ready. I kept a female from one of my liters and by 5 months old we decided that she was the right choice to get ready to show. I started getting her ready. I went to the Las Vegas show to watch and learn. I entered my first show and was ready to go. Sadly I wasn't. After the 1st class, someone I had met at the Vegas dog show 6 months earlier pulled me aside.

Here is what she told me;

"What are you doing! You have NO business being in there and showing! You have no idea of what you are doing!"

Well.....that was a tough hit in the gut.

I thanked her. And then I asked her for help. I said that the only way for me to get better was to learn and I asked her for her help. She showed me some quick tips and also grabbed another professional handler and trainer to give me some other quick pointers. The next class was much better.

So I went back, I found a trainer that had classes in my area. I signed up and started taking classes. A lot of what I had learned from showing horses was similar to showing dogs, but a lot is different. I took lessons for 4 months to get ready for the upcoming classes.

I will continue to take lessons and show.

Don't be afraid to try. Find some bullie handlers that are willing to help and teach. That is the problem. Many of them are arrogant and pompous and are not willing to help.

While I might be knew at this, I have offered to help anyone that I can.

G'Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online