RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
A friend was interested in a bully and gave me a 'contact' that she had found in the local paper, about 2 seconds of investigation turned up about 50 ads for this person in about any newpaper that accepted free ads - GOOGLE is a great tool to scope out these scams, if you know what to look for.

1st Google their Email address - or similar addresses - example "[email protected]" look for other addresses like [email protected] or [email protected] or try google the username "Ihavebulldog"

if the person gives you an name like "John Doe" google it, you might have to add a few words like "John Doe Bulldog" or 'John Doe Bulldog for sale' but a few minutes investigation will surely be a great investment of your time.

Just a simple reminder :)

Rick

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
A good reminder and good info, thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great reminder!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
we keep getting ads in our paper for free just pay Shipping on Bulldogs and a few other breeds. Everytime its put up there I email the editor and tell him its a scam

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Thanks for the reminder. I think we all want to have faith in people. One of these type of scams was on our local radio station at Christmas time. I called and emailed right away (as soon as I verified it was a scam) and they pulled it right away. I feel like people are even more vulnerable during the holidays. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
When researching breeders before getting Oliver, we met a breeder who tried scamming us. He said all of the right things and we had made plans to drive to where he was and get the puppy. Through a completely weird mistake, he exposed his scams. He left a voicemail on our home phone, thinking he was calling someone else - promising them the same puppy. He left a lengthy message saying he could give it to them for $XXXX because someone else (us) was interested. He was price gouging. We were devastated at the time because our hearts were set on that puppy. Now, we know it was a blessing in disguise. We researched more and more and more, and through the Bulldog Club of America found "our" breeders. We got to know them for 6 months before we even began discussing a puppy. We met at their house many times, met all of their dogs, learned about showing dogs, and got to know them as FRIENDS. They will be in our lives forever.

Never rush into getting a puppy simply because you want one. Research is EVERYTHING.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
they tried to scam me when I was looking for a bulldog, very horrible and scary.. even until a few months ago I would get voicemals from this guy to see if I still was interested. It was the Nigeria puppy scam.. I had my mind set on a bulldog and I wanted it now... I am actually amazed at myself I was able to catch onto this because when I have the money in my pocket I can act stupid, thank God I realized it was all a lie and didn't send them the money.. I was so upset after that.. It was a blessing in disguise as well because it took me a bit of research to find my dogs, mind you they aren't recognized breeders either, but I wanted two and with the funds that I had I could not get two of the "higher quality breeders" I googled my breeders and could not find any negative reports linked to their email or phone numbers.. I was upset at Aldo's breeder when I got him because she failed to tell me he had a "liver nose" which actually is a fall out on conformation events, but now I realize that those dogs go for 4000 dlls or more because they are so rare and I find some honor in her selling him to me at regular price, like the rest of the litter and not trying to make money off his "rare quality", so all in all I am happy with my choice. If I could go back in time I would just buy one puppy from a breeder that is recognized and pay that extra money instead of getting two.. but it is what it is and I love my guys.. they have been a challenge to say the least though..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online