Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Bully Scams - Protect yourselves from being a Vctim *GOOGLE* names etc

A friend was interested in a bully and gave me a 'contact' that she had found in the local paper, about 2 seconds of investigation turned up about 50 ads for this person in about any newpaper that accepted free ads - GOOGLE is a great tool to scope out these scams, if you know what to look for.

1st Google their Email address - or similar addresses - example "IhaveBulldog@AOL.com" look for other addresses like Ihavebulldog@yahoo.com or ihavebulldog@gmail.com or try google the username "Ihavebulldog"

if the person gives you an name like "John Doe" google it, you might have to add a few words like "John Doe Bulldog" or 'John Doe Bulldog for sale' but a few minutes investigation will surely be a great investment of your time.

Just a simple reminder

Rick

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully Scams - Protect yourselves from being a Vctim *GOOGLE* names etc

A good reminder and good info, thanks
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully Scams - Protect yourselves from being a Vctim *GOOGLE* names etc

Google ...a powerful tool! Good info!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Google it is good advice. Also, if it is too good of a deal to be true, it probably isn't!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Great reminder!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

we keep getting ads in our paper for free just pay Shipping on Bulldogs and a few other breeds. Everytime its put up there I email the editor and tell him its a scam

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Great tip
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the reminder. I think we all want to have faith in people. One of these type of scams was on our local radio station at Christmas time. I called and emailed right away (as soon as I verified it was a scam) and they pulled it right away. I feel like people are even more vulnerable during the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Drool Catcher AdventuresWithOliver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherri
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

When researching breeders before getting Oliver, we met a breeder who tried scamming us. He said all of the right things and we had made plans to drive to where he was and get the puppy. Through a completely weird mistake, he exposed his scams. He left a voicemail on our home phone, thinking he was calling someone else - promising them the same puppy. He left a lengthy message saying he could give it to them for $XXXX because someone else (us) was interested. He was price gouging. We were devastated at the time because our hearts were set on that puppy. Now, we know it was a blessing in disguise. We researched more and more and more, and through the Bulldog Club of America found "our" breeders. We got to know them for 6 months before we even began discussing a puppy. We met at their house many times, met all of their dogs, learned about showing dogs, and got to know them as FRIENDS. They will be in our lives forever.

Never rush into getting a puppy simply because you want one. Research is EVERYTHING.
    Life is always an Adventure with Oliver!
    http://adventureswitholiver.tumblr.com/

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

they tried to scam me when I was looking for a bulldog, very horrible and scary.. even until a few months ago I would get voicemals from this guy to see if I still was interested. It was the Nigeria puppy scam.. I had my mind set on a bulldog and I wanted it now... I am actually amazed at myself I was able to catch onto this because when I have the money in my pocket I can act stupid, thank God I realized it was all a lie and didn't send them the money.. I was so upset after that.. It was a blessing in disguise as well because it took me a bit of research to find my dogs, mind you they aren't recognized breeders either, but I wanted two and with the funds that I had I could not get two of the "higher quality breeders" I googled my breeders and could not find any negative reports linked to their email or phone numbers.. I was upset at Aldo's breeder when I got him because she failed to tell me he had a "liver nose" which actually is a fall out on conformation events, but now I realize that those dogs go for 4000 dlls or more because they are so rare and I find some honor in her selling him to me at regular price, like the rest of the litter and not trying to make money off his "rare quality", so all in all I am happy with my choice. If I could go back in time I would just buy one puppy from a breeder that is recognized and pay that extra money instead of getting two.. but it is what it is and I love my guys.. they have been a challenge to say the least though..

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

Remove Ads