56 days since AI.

ThundrinHerd

Apr 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ladybug
Took Lady into the vet today, did an xray and the doc said he possibly sees the spine of one pup but due to it being the only pup its difficult to tell. She's gained 3 pounds since her last visit 10 days ago and we hadn't increased her food intake. We are to go back to the vet next tuesday which would be day 62 to see where we are at.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She only has one pup or he can only see one? Either way it sounds like she's doing good right?

We need to see some rolly polly preggers pics of her! :)

OP
T

ThundrinHerd

Apr 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ladybug
That's the tough part, he says he thinks that may be a spine but he's unsure. Hopefully it is. Would really hate for a false pregnancy. She's doing great, acting the same as always but is taking longer naps an more cuddly. She's always wearing a smile.

2e67b89e.jpg

ccf97f2d.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It would help if I could see her nipples, she just looks a bit chunky in the pics. There is also a chance she was pregnant (even if the nipples look swollen) and reabsorbed, or she is having a false pregnancy. At 56 days with a good x ray they should be able to see something......

Is this your first time breeding and I do hope you have someone to guide through raising a healthy litter, they are not like raising any other.....

OP
T

ThundrinHerd

Apr 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ladybug
Thanks [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], this is my first bulldog breeding. I have been around multiple boston terrier breedings, my parents had a couple of litters while I was growing up. I do have a local mentor and I'm also in close contact with my stud owner. This isn't something I did without doing as much research as possible an made sure I had a mentor before I even took the step an began to look for a stud.

The vet took two x-rays an both showed the same thing, what looked to be a spine of a pup but the vet was still unsure an wants her back in on Tuesday. I'll try an get a picture of her nipples an post it, she is extremely camera irritable. If I try to pic my phone up an aim it towards her she turns all the way around an turns her back haha. Her nipples have changed color just over the last few days and have darkened in color towards a darker pink.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They should appear to be much larger and the hair around them should look thinner, she also may be able to give you colostrum at 56 days if you milk her. I am very glad you have a mentor, what kibble are you feeding mom and are you giving her any supplements?

OP
T

ThundrinHerd

Apr 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ladybug
Sorry took so long to reply, she's been on Science Diet large breed puppy and the only supplement is that she's been getting a teaspoon of plain yogurt every other morning, vet recommendation.

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Oh how awesome! Good luck on everything! I hope all goes well with momma and baby(ies) You will have to keep us updated!!! I would love to hear all the details- you can PM me if you want- I've never bred but I'd love to hear all about it!

Members online

No members online now.