Are English Bulldog puppies born with a tail?

Jenniferndixie

Apr 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie
I have my baby girl that just had her 1st litter which is 7 puppies and they all have a tail, is that normal?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh yes some have tails. Miila has a full tail that is maybe 5 inches long and almost straight even. Not even a tail pocket on her. So yes having a tail can be as common as having the screw tail. ;) Would love to see pics. ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Here is Miila and her cute tail. ;)
img_1606.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I have my baby girl that just had her 1st litter which is 7 puppies and they all have a tail, is that normal?

Having a tail is part of the breed standard... albeit it should be short and straight. But many have a screw tail.... our Princess Gracie has a screw tail and she comes from good bloodlines.

:welcome: to EBN..... We ALL love pix so I hope you will post pix of mama and her babies for everyone. Glad to have you here :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, they all are born with a tail, whether it's straight or screw tail, they all have one. Some are short and some are long, just depends.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
My Brutus and all his siblings had a screw tail except one! Its very common and they are all different. I agree we would love to see pics of the mamma and her babies! :) Congrats on the new addtions

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Just wanted to add there are alot of people on this site with lots of great advice for anything you need to know about these bullies

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Both of our last two litters had a lot of long tails, they look very long when they are born but they do get smaller compared to now as they grow as well. I remember Linus had the longest, it was almost down to his feet. How big is it now [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] ?

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Tess has a cute screw tail 🐶

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What ever the lenght it should not be docked if it's healthy. Some screw tails can be so tight that they need to be docked, but other than that anything goes.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Agree...Bullies should never have a tail docked. Sometime a tight pocket tail does require surgical removal for medical reasons...

Good Day~

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
What exactly is a "screw tail"? Winston's tail is about 2-3 inches long, and it is kinked, but it doesn't exactly curl all the way around. He doesn't have problems with it, we don't have to wipe his booty after his duty but we do wash beneath it every bath time very well.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.