Mating

Audra

Mar 20, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Full of Bologna
The lady i am getting my puppy from is a family friend and since i visit my baby Bologna a lot to see him grow i have had the chance to ask her tons of questions. The litter my puppy is from is her females first and they had planned when they bought their female to eventually have one litter. From what she has told me, this will definitely be the one and only litter. She said watching the C-section was awful and traumatizing, how they go in and just pull everything out and throw it back in. She recorded it and let me see it and it was crazy! watching her dog suffer through feeding babies with a newly stapled tummy, only 3 puppies and that will barely cover the expense of everything and having to wake up every 2 hours to help babies eat since bullies are to big and clumsy and the puppies are so small and weak and unable to move if she squishes them while sleeping. The aftermath of what your female goes through plus now with all the saggy nipples and spotting/leaking weeks and weeks after the babies are born (all that stuff still has to come out). I don't think our breeder would have been able to do it if she wasnt already a stay at home mom. She is more than 1/2 of the mom helpin her dog lick and clean the puppies, making sure they eat, cleaning up the messes etc. I think there are people our there who can do it, and do it right obviously, we all got our puppies from somewhere but i don't think i could ever commit to it. I would be sad to see my baby go through that kind of pain and i just think for a family dog i would want it to stay looking fit and not all beat up from having babies. I guess i'm rude in saying that:) but just thought i share what i have seen. Hope it helps you make the best decision for you and your baby.

OP
L

Lolita

Jun 16, 2010
Laval, Qc, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Destiny and Maximus
Thanks I appreciate it
The lady i am getting my puppy from is a family friend and since i visit my baby Bologna a lot to see him grow i have had the chance to ask her tons of questions. The litter my puppy is from is her females first and they had planned when they bought their female to eventually have one litter. From what she has told me, this will definitely be the one and only litter. She said watching the C-section was awful and traumatizing, how they go in and just pull everything out and throw it back in. She recorded it and let me see it and it was crazy! watching her dog suffer through feeding babies with a newly stapled tummy, only 3 puppies and that will barely cover the expense of everything and having to wake up every 2 hours to help babies eat since bullies are to big and clumsy and the puppies are so small and weak and unable to move if she squishes them while sleeping. The aftermath of what your female goes through plus now with all the saggy nipples and spotting/leaking weeks and weeks after the babies are born (all that stuff still has to come out). I don't think our breeder would have been able to do it if she wasnt already a stay at home mom. She is more than 1/2 of the mom helpin her dog lick and clean the puppies, making sure they eat, cleaning up the messes etc. I think there are people our there who can do it, and do it right obviously, we all got our puppies from somewhere but i don't think i could ever commit to it. I would be sad to see my baby go through that kind of pain and i just think for a family dog i would want it to stay looking fit and not all beat up from having babies. I guess i'm rude in saying that:) but just thought i share what i have seen. Hope it helps you make the best decision for you and your baby.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.