Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mating

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Honestly..if you have THIS kind of question pertaining to breeding, you aren't ready or qualified to deal with a very serious issue like breeding. Lots of Bully's don't make it through the process and to have a pup from your female sure doesn't seem worth the risks involved. I hope you seriously educate yourself and realize its NOT about the cute pups...it's about responsibility and knowledge. There is a wonderful article here on Breeding..might be a good place to start.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...-What-It-Takes

Heres the link
    WOW. I knew birthing EB babies was different than other pups but I honestly had NO idea. I have a whole new respect for breeders now.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Recently, I had this same idea but the more I read and talk to breeders, I have changed my mind. In fact, our friend has a female she is requesting Arnold to stud for (brown chicken brown cow, lol) but I really may talk her out of it since she could not handle the loss of her dear Maggie. She lost her 25 y/o son to cancer a year ago and this would just break her!! Miss Bertha Bacon's momma is a great mom but the breeders other female almost lost her life and was only saved with 3 blood transusions!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

I agree with all of the above. Just buy a puppy and say it is Lola's baby!

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Destiny and Maximus
    Likes (Received)

That is exactly what I'll do
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    I agree with all of the above. Just buy a puppy and say it is Lola's baby!

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Destiny and Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everybody for the great help, I agree and don't want to loose my baby ;( I rather spend the money on a pup for all of us

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    Thanks everybody for the great help, I agree and don't want to loose my baby ;( I rather spend the money on a pup for all of us

Awesome! I'm so glad you took all of our advice the way it was intended...to help you and your sweet Lola...never to criticize !

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post

I'm a good girl, I promise

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

@Lolita you made a good decision! There is so much that goes in to breeding Bulldogs including the risk to the Mom!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Full of Bologna
    Likes (Received)

The lady i am getting my puppy from is a family friend and since i visit my baby Bologna a lot to see him grow i have had the chance to ask her tons of questions. The litter my puppy is from is her females first and they had planned when they bought their female to eventually have one litter. From what she has told me, this will definitely be the one and only litter. She said watching the C-section was awful and traumatizing, how they go in and just pull everything out and throw it back in. She recorded it and let me see it and it was crazy! watching her dog suffer through feeding babies with a newly stapled tummy, only 3 puppies and that will barely cover the expense of everything and having to wake up every 2 hours to help babies eat since bullies are to big and clumsy and the puppies are so small and weak and unable to move if she squishes them while sleeping. The aftermath of what your female goes through plus now with all the saggy nipples and spotting/leaking weeks and weeks after the babies are born (all that stuff still has to come out). I don't think our breeder would have been able to do it if she wasnt already a stay at home mom. She is more than 1/2 of the mom helpin her dog lick and clean the puppies, making sure they eat, cleaning up the messes etc. I think there are people our there who can do it, and do it right obviously, we all got our puppies from somewhere but i don't think i could ever commit to it. I would be sad to see my baby go through that kind of pain and i just think for a family dog i would want it to stay looking fit and not all beat up from having babies. I guess i'm rude in saying that but just thought i share what i have seen. Hope it helps you make the best decision for you and your baby.

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Destiny and Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks I appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by Audra View Post
    The lady i am getting my puppy from is a family friend and since i visit my baby Bologna a lot to see him grow i have had the chance to ask her tons of questions. The litter my puppy is from is her females first and they had planned when they bought their female to eventually have one litter. From what she has told me, this will definitely be the one and only litter. She said watching the C-section was awful and traumatizing, how they go in and just pull everything out and throw it back in. She recorded it and let me see it and it was crazy! watching her dog suffer through feeding babies with a newly stapled tummy, only 3 puppies and that will barely cover the expense of everything and having to wake up every 2 hours to help babies eat since bullies are to big and clumsy and the puppies are so small and weak and unable to move if she squishes them while sleeping. The aftermath of what your female goes through plus now with all the saggy nipples and spotting/leaking weeks and weeks after the babies are born (all that stuff still has to come out). I don't think our breeder would have been able to do it if she wasnt already a stay at home mom. She is more than 1/2 of the mom helpin her dog lick and clean the puppies, making sure they eat, cleaning up the messes etc. I think there are people our there who can do it, and do it right obviously, we all got our puppies from somewhere but i don't think i could ever commit to it. I would be sad to see my baby go through that kind of pain and i just think for a family dog i would want it to stay looking fit and not all beat up from having babies. I guess i'm rude in saying that but just thought i share what i have seen. Hope it helps you make the best decision for you and your baby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads