X-ray

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Rhino ... love to Moose! :heart:

OP
Weberbulldogs

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Halo & her Baby Moose & 2 Frenchies Herschel and Margo
Awww Weberbulldogs, I'm so very sorry about baby rhino :( Glad to hear Moose is doing well! Hows Halo doing?

Halo is good she loves her baby even though she can't feed him she still likes to lick him and watch him.

Moose is doing amazing he is 15oz! eating like a pig =) I love him so much :heart: He is going to be spoiled rotten
here are a couple pic of Moose I took yesterday

moosesleeping6daysold.jpg

moosesleepin6days.jpg

moosenursing6dysold.jpg

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Is there a reason they x-ray vs Sonogram? Just curious. This is all new to me. I have never bred any of my animals.

Hello,
It seems as if in the dog vet practice not many of them have an ultrasound machine. I use 4 different vets and until just recently, none of them had an ultrasound. About 6 months ago one vet practice received a "donated" machine. I had a female that was prego and was planning on doing an x-ray and he offered to do the ultrasound for free. He said he has used in the past but was not very confident in using and had not used this machine yet. So, we fired it up, lubed the belly and started looking. We very able to identify that there were indeed puppies in there.
The difference is that the x-ray is an picture that can be printed of an exact moment in time. The slide can be studied and analyized to try and count. The ultrasound is an active view and is difficult to try and count how many. It can be used to confirm, but an x-ray is better.
I ALSO recently found out that there is a blood test for pregency that can be done at 30+ days. Typically an x-ray is not done until 45+ days. Doing the blood test will confirm 2 weeks earlier.

And, as a matter of fact, I have a vet appt TODAY to go get an x-ray done on my BiG Bullie mama. She is 57 days today. I will post results tonight or tommorrow. Close, any day.

Good Day~

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 34

mersc726

Sep 10, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jud
Love this...Congrats on the baby. Hope you have great success with the birth'S:-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.