Help!

megana34

Dec 12, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy, Willow, Paige
Hi Everyone! I am new to breeding EB and need some help/advice. I have a litter of six EB puppies and they are 4.5 weeks old. Most of them still are not walking. I have one who is all over the place and I have a couple that will stand and take a couple steps, but for the most part they sleep all the time! I am bottle feeding them and they are not eating any puppy food yet. I have tried to introduce some mush to them but only two showed interest. Any advice would very greatly appreciated!!

Megan

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Make sure the surface they sleep on is not flat, they need hills and lumps all over to prevent swimmer puppy syndrome. Since you are bottle feeding they are maybe overfed, causing them to not want to move around (soooo full, rather nap). Just keep pushing the puppy mush, usually the chubby gluttons are late walkers... But yes they should all be walking by now. You will need to work with them to encourage walking now. Keep trying the mush, it takes several days to get them used to it.

OP
M

megana34

Dec 12, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy, Willow, Paige
I am feeding 2 oz every 4-5 hours. Do you think that is too much? Thanks for all your help!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think Lisa hit it on the head. May cut back on the formula a little to see it they will want the mush a little more, and just keep working with them to walk. Like she said if they are fat and happy they will not take to the mush. Sounds like you may have a couple swimmers though, they usually do not want to walk or can't.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am feeding 2 oz every 4-5 hours. Do you think that is too much? Thanks for all your help!

No it doesn't sound like too much, but if they got that much while they were little it may have made them less energetic. The offering of mush can take 3 days (3x a day) up to a week before they "get it", occasionally even longer. Be forwarned, it's gonna be messy for the next few weeks! Mush and poo go hand in hand!

Members online

No members online now.