Cherokee Legend Piece of the Rock (AKA Pebbles ) is having puppies in Janurary

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
So excited to announce that Pebbles is going to be a mother. I am wondering how much other people increase the food for mom in the 6th week. She is 50 lbs and usually eats 3 cups per day. Would love to know what others do.
Thanks
Roanne
Pebbles  6 1 10.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Goodness..more pups!

Maybe [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] can help!

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Some should be coming by soon to give you an answer. Best wishes for Pebbles to have an easy pregnancy.

637999df.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=460]roanne9145[/MENTION] We feed our females only about 2 cups a day and when they are about that far along we would increase it to 3 to 3 1/2 cups a day but would changed them over to puppy food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=460]roanne9145[/MENTION] We feed our females only about 2 cups a day and when they are about that far along we would increase it to 3 to 3 1/2 cups a day but would changed them over to puppy food.

Same here, I also break it up into 3 portions. Don't allow them to overeat- you don't want too much weight gain prior to c section. Also additional fat can make it harder for them to breathe and get around in the last week.

After pups are born I give a little over 1/2 c plus toppings after each nursing. This is when they really lose weight at a tremendous rate if you don't keep the calorie intake at a high level. Oh but the gas is horrendous! ;)

OP
roanne9145

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Thanks that's what I did. She always seems like she is starving even after she just finishes her food. This is not my first litter but it always seems to worry me on how much to feed them. Thanks for the help. DSC04733.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.