Do you have the breeder or the Vet AI when you breed?

Brunos bullies

Feb 3, 2010
Marana AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Cesar and Cleo
I used the vet once and had a terrible experience and now I sent my female to the breeder and I have had the best experience with her! She is going to teach me how to do it and offer the same services for breeding.

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
We have seen and somewhat participated in AI with our breeder. It was random, we just happened to be there to visit and happened to be when she had an AI planned. Very interesting and educational. I though the experience was great and pleasant. I guess I didn't realize you could do it at the vets office...but duh that makes sense lol.

Attachments

• 605.jpg
    605.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 583.jpg
    583.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 119

MaMaJ

Feb 19, 2010
denver CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty, Brandy, Bailey, Tootsie, Gabby the Naughty twins and then Dalton and Temperance.
I am in an interesting situation where i am both so kinda funny lol

Attachments

• 100_0867.jpg
    100_0867.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0979.jpg
    100_0979.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 121

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I have not breed my bulldog yet , but the breeder I got him from does the AI. I was thinking that is the way I will go when I stud him out. I dont want any chances of him getting hurt while "locked up" We do have a good vet here in So Cal that specializes in Bullies.. And for me to take him in and have him collected for nothing, but the females family has to pay and I am not sure what that is.

Feb 1, 2010
Navarino Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Goliath,Buddy,Maggie,Belle,Bertha,Ollie,Betsy
I do it all in my lab & office from the progesterone testing to the collection of the stud & the A.I of the female.Vets have to send out the progesterone test to labs.that can take 24 to 48 hour to get the results back.As for The A.I I have alot better luck doing it myself.

OP
Brunos bullies

Brunos bullies

Feb 3, 2010
Marana AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Cesar and Cleo
I have fallen for the breed so much that I have started the process of adding onto my house 1,000 sq ft to have a boarding and a breeding room where I can collect from the male and do the AI for the Female. I wish that I could have a lab myself, but one day I will as my daughter wants to be a vet and already working for one.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 111

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I ALWAYS use my vet for AI. What can be done at home, maybe should NOT be done at home. Is the area a sterile environment? The risk is NOT worth the cost of infections or problems. My vet charges $135 for AI, WELL worth the cost. And my dog gets a checkup at the same time, along with a cytology exam.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.