Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just seeing if anyone has info on this breeder or website

Likes (Received)

Default Just seeing if anyone has info on this breeder or website

After 8 years, I've finally been looking for a bulldog to add to my family. My wife, being very sweet(and a little naive but in the best way) wanted to get me a bulldog puppy as a surprise and alas it was a scam to the tune of $1500. Bless her heart. Her attitude was well I guess it's only money. Recently I have been looking through alot of these websites and it seems to me there are quit a few of these scams out there. It's hard to tell which ones are legitimate and which ones are not.

Also was wondering if paypal is a safe way to purchase a pet? Obviously hand to hand transactions are ideal, but if that can't happen what is a safe alternative?

Anyway, the website in question is thepuppieszone located possibly in Florida I believe? They have a ton of video's on youtube of their dogs, a facebook page? Was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before? Heard anything about them? His name is Alejandro Vargas.

Thanks so much for any help.

Levi
    Last edited by bullmama; 11-15-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: no puppies for sale links
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. " John Lennon

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just seeing if anyone has info on this breeder or website

I sure don't..but hang on..someone might! So sorry you learned the hard way about these scams! @Telly03 went thru a bad experience..I tagged him..maybe he can help you! We do have members in Washington..maybe they know of reputable breeders near you. You really should see their operation and meet them in person..let me tag @Libra926 and @desertskybulldogs ..hopefully someone can help you find a healthy pup!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I sure don't, but I know when I had puppies for sale, I went through the AKC site and people who contacted me had all kinds of horror stories. I also found out that people are out there trying to scam the breeder too. Some one for sure will come along and help you. good luck and sorry for the loss.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site, Levi. I have had Bulldogs as pets since the early 80s. Honestly, the only way I would buy a puppy is to go directly to the breeder, visit the kennels, meet the pups parents, talk to others who have purchased puppies from them. There are a lot of breeders out there who are just interested in making money and don't care about really important things like health and temperment. The cost of a Bulldog puppy is NOTHING compared to vet expences if you get a puppy whose health is compromised through bad breeding. Go to dog shows (Bulldogs are usually shown early in the day if heat is an issue), talk to the people showing Bulldogs, get recommendations on breeders. Research the breeders. And then buy local. Good luck!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
    Likes (Received)

I agree, meet the breeder and meet the parents if at all possible, ask questions! you can never be too safe when purchasing a bulldog.. Pay pal is a safe way to pay tho. I've used it both ways (purchasing & receiving payments) many times.

I never heard of the breeder, so did they promise it would be at the airport and it wasn't or when did you realize it was a scammer. Don't be too hard on your wife, I got an eye for scammers and this one hides it VERY well! I am sorry for your loss.... may your next attempt at purchasing a Bulldog be better then you ever imagined!!
    Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldog puppies!!
    BJ's Farm

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I do not know this breed either, but would be very cautious. If I were to buy a puppy from a breeder, I would not buy from someone who would not let me tour their kennel and see at least the pups mom. Sometimes the sire is not on location but they should have pics and the kennels info who has him. I would also contact them as well. Plus they should have references from people who have bought from them in the past. Another avenue is check some rescues, there are a lot of very good bullies that need good homes.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Something is fishy there. Their dogs look great, but the "shipping included" pricing really bothers me. Remember, this is a huge investment and a new companion for your family, so it is important to meet the breeders of your puppy and ask as many questions as you can. I would look locally in your area to find the right bully.

check out the puppy buying tips at the site for helpful information.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

I looked at their website. They seem to have puppies WAY too often for my liking. They have puppies with dob 9/1/11 9/10/11/ 91/15/11 then before that there were several in June. That tells me 1 of 2 things either they are actually puppy brokers, who import puppies from other breeders or they are a VERY large scale breeder. I have never had puppies first hand , but have read about the work it takes to care for them properly from other members. I just don't think it is possible to properly care for 3 litters of puppies simultaneously. This seems to me to be more of an over producing kennel. Fyi in my research one of the marks of a good breeder is that they want the dog back if you can no longer care for it. There is one on my area that will refund the entire puppy fee for the life of your dog so long as the dog is returned to her. This shows that they truly care and are not it just for the money. I would stay away from this particular breeder , and go with one who raises puppies in a home and whom I can visit at home.
    Last edited by dozersmama; 11-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I just checked out the web site, and something just is not right. The breeder said they are in Florida, I noticed in some of the pics of the adults there are mountains in the back ground. I have driven across Florida from Pensacola to Jacksonville and down passed Orlando and did not see any mountains. Some hills but no mountain range that I saw. Also watched some of the puppy videos and one little pup looked so scared, like it had never been outside before and could not walk very well. Another video had several pups out and some of them had trouble walking, like they are keep in small cages not allowed or walk around or play. It is very sad and just breaks my heart.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Likes (Received)

Thank you all so much for your help! I agree with everyone that meeting the breeder and seeing the puppies on site is the ideal situation. It's very sad that the internet is such a great reference tool but I guess it also has its pitfalls too. I was able to locate this site and join and already the information has been great. Something else I found bizarre was when I googled the phone number on the site, I found a forum thread from a Melaniesbulldogs that was listed as a scam that used the same phone number. Like I said it's been 8 years since my childhood bulldog I grew up with passed away. I've gone awhile without one, awhile longer is fine, I'm sure the right opportunity and puppy will present itself. Until then I have your wonderful bulldogs pics to enjoy. Thanks again everyone for your time. It's appreciated.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. " John Lennon

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Lev,
    There are many reputable - and awesome - breeders here in Washington. I drove eight hours to go pick up my Bea and it was the most fun road trip ever! i played with her dad out in the yard for a half hour - what fun it was. The Seattle English Bulldog Club has a wealth of information. Long before Bea came home, I was reading thier newsletters and gathering information. The folks that care about EBs are going to be very apparent when you do your research. The breeder was happy to answer a thousand questions. The Cascade Bulldog Rescue site also features a wealth of information. My Bo came from rescue - but he started out at a reputable breeder in Oregon.
    Best of luck on your search - I think that's part of the fun. It was like I was having a baby waiting for Bea to be born. hahahahahaha

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Lev Stout

Welcome

I'm sorry you got stung by a scam... there are sooo many out there, and I too learned the hard way. Even though I was aware of all the out-of-country scams and fake websites, I tried a registered breeder that had a nice professional, legit looking website, and even that was not safe, he took my money and never delivered. So yes, great advice given to you already... take your time, do your research and get to know the breeder.

There are too many red flags associated with this site your looking at... I personally would absolutely not take the risk. The biggest problem I see is that this person does not have a history. Do a search on his name and company... just some classified adds (more red flags). The oldest reference, which was a classified add, that I could find was less than a year old. To have so many puppies available with no history is scary. I seriously doubt he is a breeder, and if I'm correct, then he is either a broker or a scammer... both bad news.

http://www.encuentra24.com/usa-es/an...cotas-animales
    Last edited by Telly03; 11-15-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads