Just seeing if anyone has info on this breeder or website

Lev Stout

Nov 14, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
After 8 years, I've finally been looking for a bulldog to add to my family. My wife, being very sweet(and a little naive but in the best way:)) wanted to get me a bulldog puppy as a surprise and alas it was a scam to the tune of $1500. Bless her heart. Her attitude was well I guess it's only money. Recently I have been looking through alot of these websites and it seems to me there are quit a few of these scams out there. It's hard to tell which ones are legitimate and which ones are not.

Also was wondering if paypal is a safe way to purchase a pet? Obviously hand to hand transactions are ideal, but if that can't happen what is a safe alternative?

Anyway, the website in question is thepuppieszone located possibly in Florida I believe? They have a ton of video's on youtube of their dogs, a facebook page? Was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before? Heard anything about them? His name is Alejandro Vargas.

Thanks so much for any help.

Levi

Last edited by a moderator:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I sure don't..but hang on..someone might! So sorry you learned the hard way about these scams! [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] went thru a bad experience..I tagged him..maybe he can help you! We do have members in Washington..maybe they know of reputable breeders near you. You really should see their operation and meet them in person..let me tag [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ..hopefully someone can help you find a healthy pup!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I sure don't, but I know when I had puppies for sale, I went through the AKC site and people who contacted me had all kinds of horror stories. I also found out that people are out there trying to scam the breeder too. Some one for sure will come along and help you. good luck and sorry for the loss.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome to the site, Levi. I have had Bulldogs as pets since the early 80s. Honestly, the only way I would buy a puppy is to go directly to the breeder, visit the kennels, meet the pups parents, talk to others who have purchased puppies from them. There are a lot of breeders out there who are just interested in making money and don't care about really important things like health and temperment. The cost of a Bulldog puppy is NOTHING compared to vet expences if you get a puppy whose health is compromised through bad breeding. Go to dog shows (Bulldogs are usually shown early in the day if heat is an issue), talk to the people showing Bulldogs, get recommendations on breeders. Research the breeders. And then buy local. Good luck!

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
I agree, meet the breeder and meet the parents if at all possible, ask questions! you can never be too safe when purchasing a bulldog.. Pay pal is a safe way to pay tho. I've used it both ways (purchasing & receiving payments) many times.

I never heard of the breeder, so did they promise it would be at the airport and it wasn't or when did you realize it was a scammer. Don't be too hard on your wife, I got an eye for scammers and this one hides it VERY well! I am sorry for your loss.... may your next attempt at purchasing a Bulldog be better then you ever imagined!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I do not know this breed either, but would be very cautious. If I were to buy a puppy from a breeder, I would not buy from someone who would not let me tour their kennel and see at least the pups mom. Sometimes the sire is not on location but they should have pics and the kennels info who has him. I would also contact them as well. Plus they should have references from people who have bought from them in the past. Another avenue is check some rescues, there are a lot of very good bullies that need good homes.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Something is fishy there. Their dogs look great, but the "shipping included" pricing really bothers me. Remember, this is a huge investment and a new companion for your family, so it is important to meet the breeders of your puppy and ask as many questions as you can. I would look locally in your area to find the right bully.

check out the puppy buying tips at the site for helpful information.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I looked at their website. They seem to have puppies WAY too often for my liking. They have puppies with dob 9/1/11 9/10/11/ 91/15/11 then before that there were several in June. That tells me 1 of 2 things either they are actually puppy brokers, who import puppies from other breeders or they are a VERY large scale breeder. I have never had puppies first hand , but have read about the work it takes to care for them properly from other members. I just don't think it is possible to properly care for 3 litters of puppies simultaneously. This seems to me to be more of an over producing kennel. Fyi in my research one of the marks of a good breeder is that they want the dog back if you can no longer care for it. There is one on my area that will refund the entire puppy fee for the life of your dog so long as the dog is returned to her. This shows that they truly care and are not it just for the money. I would stay away from this particular breeder , and go with one who raises puppies in a home and whom I can visit at home.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I just checked out the web site, and something just is not right. The breeder said they are in Florida, I noticed in some of the pics of the adults there are mountains in the back ground. I have driven across Florida from Pensacola to Jacksonville and down passed Orlando and did not see any mountains. Some hills but no mountain range that I saw. Also watched some of the puppy videos and one little pup looked so scared, like it had never been outside before and could not walk very well. Another video had several pups out and some of them had trouble walking, like they are keep in small cages not allowed or walk around or play. It is very sad and just breaks my heart.

OP
Lev Stout

Lev Stout

Nov 14, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Thank you all so much for your help! I agree with everyone that meeting the breeder and seeing the puppies on site is the ideal situation. It's very sad that the internet is such a great reference tool but I guess it also has its pitfalls too. I was able to locate this site and join and already the information has been great. Something else I found bizarre was when I googled the phone number on the site, I found a forum thread from a Melaniesbulldogs that was listed as a scam that used the same phone number. Like I said it's been 8 years since my childhood bulldog I grew up with passed away. I've gone awhile without one, awhile longer is fine, I'm sure the right opportunity and puppy will present itself. Until then I have your wonderful bulldogs pics to enjoy. Thanks again everyone for your time. It's appreciated.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Lev,
There are many reputable - and awesome - breeders here in Washington. I drove eight hours to go pick up my Bea and it was the most fun road trip ever! i played with her dad out in the yard for a half hour - what fun it was. The Seattle English Bulldog Club has a wealth of information. Long before Bea came home, I was reading thier newsletters and gathering information. The folks that care about EBs are going to be very apparent when you do your research. The breeder was happy to answer a thousand questions. The Cascade Bulldog Rescue site also features a wealth of information. My Bo came from rescue - but he started out at a reputable breeder in Oregon.
Best of luck on your search - I think that's part of the fun. It was like I was having a baby waiting for Bea to be born. hahahahahaha

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
@Lev Stout

Welcome :up:

I'm sorry you got stung by a scam... there are sooo many out there, and I too learned the hard way. Even though I was aware of all the out-of-country scams and fake websites, I tried a registered breeder that had a nice professional, legit looking website, and even that was not safe, he took my money and never delivered. So yes, great advice given to you already... take your time, do your research and get to know the breeder.

There are too many red flags associated with this site your looking at... I personally would absolutely not take the risk. The biggest problem I see is that this person does not have a history. Do a search on his name and company... just some classified adds (more red flags). The oldest reference, which was a classified add, that I could find was less than a year old. To have so many puppies available with no history is scary. I seriously doubt he is a breeder, and if I'm correct, then he is either a broker or a scammer... both bad news.

http://www.encuentra24.com/usa-es/anuncios-casificados-mascotas-animales

Last edited:

Bellaboo

Dec 25, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hey sorry for the late response not sure if your still considering Alejandro to purchase a puppy, but I can comment as I purchased my female Bella from Alejandro at thepuppieszone kennels. It is not a scam as I did get my Bella shipped via continental pets fly safe program. Now with that being said I too have concerns with Alejandro. My Bella came with albon for coccidia treatment as her litter mate tested positive for coccidia. Since we got her she had diarrhea for a month and is only now having solid stool after several rounds of antibiotics/wormers. Also your right that the pictures are not in florida, these dogs come with international pedigrees, and I believe the actual kennel is not in the us. Looking back yes this makes me uncomfortable, however Bella is a beautiful, healthy puppy and has made a great addition to our home. He has several international champions in his kennel in Ecuador. Alejandro is a young guy, and I believe is not completely upfront with people. When I addressed the constant diarrhea issue with Alejandro he was no help at all just saying "that's weird". Ultimatley caution should be used in dealing with Alejandro, but that doesn't mean he has low quality dogs. Bella's sire is a very popular stud internationally and his kennel produced Rohmbroy trichet (sp) who was bulldog of the year last year. Bella showed No signs of being maladjusted or timid When she arrived and has been great in socialiaizig with puppies/cats/babies/small children.Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to try and help.

I

ImAGuinneyPig

After checking out the website, I would personally never buy a puppy from them. That is just my opinion. No information about health testing of the parents. No info on the parents at all as a matter of fact, not even names! Shipping included with the puppy? Geez. And too many puppies with lots of different birth dates. Also, I believe breeders should use the actual name of the breed: Bulldog, not English Bulldog.
Red flags all over the place to me. That's not to say they aren't healthy puppies, but to me it's most likely a broker, and that practice should not be supported.
Again, just my opinion and what I would look for in a breeder.

ADD: Sorry, here is a good place to start. The Bulldog Club of America has a breeders referal list. There are a bunch listed in Florida :)
http://thebca.org/breedref.html

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.