New Mommy Needs Help!

KuttersMommy

Nov 10, 2011
Highlands, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
Hey all..
I'm mommy to a 2 year old bullie named Kutter. Sadly, he was not a puppy anymore when he came into my life. Now we are breeding him with another CH sired bullie & my fiancé and I are getting pick of the litter. But I'm not necessarily sure of what to expect when I bring a new baby bullie home. Any tips?

Thanks in advance! :)

Love,
Kayla & Kutter :heart:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
@Kayla..... Some of the people here at EBN are just about ready to release a "What to do with your new puppy" article. Let's tag [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] because I think they are working on it and maybe they can chime in. :)

OP
KuttersMommy

KuttersMommy

Nov 10, 2011
Highlands, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
That's awesome! Perfect timing :) Thanks so much! I'm a good adult-bullie mommy... But a puppy is a whole other ball game! LOL

Love,

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3672]KuttersMommy[/MENTION] the article will be out before you get your pup home. If the people breeding their female is new to breeding they may want to read this article about breeding your bully http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content/about-bulldog-breeding-learn-what-takes-291/ I assume they are new to breeding because no reputable breeder that I know of will give the owners of the Sire pick of the litter. The Dame may only have one pup or one one or two survive, then you could have a problem. Good luck with your new pup when you get him and send pics. We are always here to help with any problem or question you may have.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
My Nigel is just about to be 11 months old so I'm still a fairly new bully mommy...I can tell you what I remember...lots of 'nibbling' and chewing. I just had lots of chew toys around and new ones to avoid boredom and we were fine. It was a very exciting time and I'm looking forward to celebrating his 1st birthday...so congrats and I can't wait to see pics!~

OP
KuttersMommy

KuttersMommy

Nov 10, 2011
Highlands, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
Thanks David! The lady I am breeding with is new to breeding, which is usually scary to do... But we are getting it done at a very reputable bulldog fertility clinic in Houston. So no worries :) thanks for the link, I'll read it and let her read it as well :)

Love,

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
There's bulldog fertility clinics? Wow! That's something I wasn't aware of.

[MENTION=3672]KuttersMommy[/MENTION] - here's my best advice for you!
1) crate train - it will aid in potty training and give your dog the "den" he/she wants anyway
2) get on a schedule and stick to it (food, potty, walks) dogs like to know "what's happening next"
3) keep your baby out of dog parks until he's old enough to go there - but DO work with him to walk properly on a leash; so you can share him with the world!

Good luck!

OP
KuttersMommy

KuttersMommy

Nov 10, 2011
Highlands, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
Thanks!! And yes, there are bulldog fertility clinics. Sounds silly, but a vet hospital in our area has a fertility clinic in it, and they have a doctor who is actually specialized in bulldog fertility. He is the BEST! The hospital also has a bulldog specialized vet for regular visits. It's heaven! Bulldogs are such a different breed, that I worried about taking our Kutter anywhere else!

Love,

Members online

No members online now.