View RSS Feed

Libra926

1. Update on Vegas. November 8th 2015

It's been a few years since I updated via blog.... I kinda left you hanging during a vital part of our journey.

Last I wrote, Vegas was suffering from daily facial seizures, every hour. It was exhausting. We found a new neurologist that was closer and we took all our videos and notes to him. Needless to say.... he was impressed with my documentation and videos of his life. He told me that it was very possible Vegas had another neurological issue that was located in the same part ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. December 20th 2012, Jan 4th 2013 and Jan 22nd 2013

I just don't know what to do anymore. It's been hell here for the last month. I've neglected to document his last few grandmal seizures....I don't know why. I guess after everything that has happened, my faith is dwindling. We last left off after Vegas has several grand mals in 24 hours, a first in a very long time. Well, right before Christmas it happened again. On December 20th he had (I believe 6) in a 24 hour period. Then on Jan 4th...right smack dab in the middle of the day, while everyone ...

Updated 01-23-2013 at 10:36 AM by Libra926

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Octoboer 21st and October 22nd 2011

Two grand mals in 24 hours. This just sucks. On Sunday the 21st, Vegas, Orion and I were all cuddled on the couch watching the "Walking Dead". This was about 7:45ish. He gets down off the couch and walks right into the wall, face first. Then he hits another wall. I grab him and pull him against my chest as he starts to seize. As soon as it was over (I'm wondering if he can breathe during these?) I tried to distract him with the promise of dinner. As I was prepping, another (very ...

Updated 10-23-2012 at 08:14 AM by Libra926

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. September 27th 2012

Just 9 days ago we broke our 3 month streak without any grand or petit mal seizures. Today has not been a good one for Vegas (I'm writing this late and my memory of the event isn't all that clear anymore...after awhile they just blend in)

Fact: Vegas had 2 grand mals and 4 petit mals today.
    Fact: Vegas hurt himself getting out of bed and is barely able to walk.

We took Vegas in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. September18th 2012. 7:30pm

Well, our streak is over. Vegas went 3 months without having a grand mal seizure..and it ended today.
    Just like every episode, this one was different. In the last few months, Vegas has shown possible pre-ictal signs, but with a treat ball or a kong ball, his attention was adverted and no seizures ever happened. This evening, my husband was cooking dinner. Vegas was acting a tad bit more aggressive towards food, so in order to get him out of the kitchen, Mark fed him early. Vegas finished ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast