Blog Comments

GOD Bless you and give you strength.
    That SOB ought to be shot for impersonating a soldier!

My prayers and thoughts to you for only the best and lots of strength.
    I'm really sorry that you are having to go through so much! Life definitely sucks sometimes!! Thank dog for our furbabies!! (But when our furbabies are having health problems, everything seems twice as bad, doesn't it?!) My youngest baby, Harley, is 17 months old andwas diagnosed with "Behavioral Seizures" a few months ago. If you could please read my post from yesterday, it will save me from having to repeat it all. Does Vegas have Epileptic seizures or Behavioral ones? What doseage of the Kbr is your guy on now? (How much does he weigh?) Any info/advise you can give me would be REALLY appreciated!!!!!
    GOD Bless you and give you strength. You have been through so much.
    Srry to hear you are doing through so much. I wish you the best. Your bully is tough and will get through it. 💜💜
    Quote Originally Posted by tellabella01
    Hi Cheryl. Im new to this site but I found it very helpful. I too, have an epileptic bullie. He is 2 1/2 years and a rescue. I have in the last five months spent $5000 in all sorts of tests and a CT to find that there is "nothing"wrong. He suffers form grand mals and head tremors. I want to know how, Vegas is doing since it seems that you haven't posted any thing in a few years. Thank you. Hugs and love to you and your baby.
    Hi there! I don't know why I stopped writing about Vegas and his seizures. I still keep track of them, now in a hand held diary. Vegas is doing well. He is now just over 8 years old, having suffered from these since he was 10 months old. When we were faced with the choice to do an MRI on Vegas, we declined. He was just a baby and we were told that it was very unlikely that it was a brain tumor.... My neurologist said that if it was, we would see him start to lose control of his back legs. When he was just a little older, that started to happen. Here is a little more about that. Special Needs Bulldogs Forum - Bulldog spotlight: TheVegasShow

I'm happy to say that he is as adorable as ever, seeming to be happy and other than the epilepsy, healthy. You can contact me anytime you have questions.
    Hi Cheryl. Im new to this site but I found it very helpful. I too, have an epileptic bullie. He is 2 1/2 years and a rescue. I have in the last five months spent $5000 in all sorts of tests and a CT to find that there is "nothing"wrong. He suffers form grand mals and head tremors. I want to know how, Vegas is doing since it seems that you haven't posted any thing in a few years. Thank you. Hugs and love to you and your baby.
    I hope the new vet has good news --- or at the very least, some hopeful news.

How frustrated and sad you must be when this keeps happening. Perhaps Vegas' experience will be the one where a breakthrough is had and the right medication is found so all dogs with this disorder can benefit? Oh I pray so!

My heart would be breaking....
    Just wanted you to know that Vegas has been much in my thoughts lately.

And you too as I know how hurtful it must feel to try everything and feel so
    helpless but to watch him go thru this daily.

Keeping y'all in my prayers!
    I a so sorry to hear this, it just breaks my heart. Hugs from our family to yours you find some relief.
    The vet suggested a clean slate. Going to another neurologist and getting a 2nd opinion. She said that some furkids become tolerant to the meds and will need to switch. She is frustrated because he is a complicated case and she refuses to give up on him. She wants us to try and get a new outlook and hopefully he has some fresh ideas. I'm willing to try just about anything.
    Oh Cheryl :hug::hug::hug:
    So what did the vet say?
    let me add my sympathy. I know this must be so frustrating and heartbreaking. Hope there is something that may help him improve
    oh Cheryl I'm am so sorry you are dealing with this and everyday now must be so exausting. i pray they can finda way to make them stop. hugs to you dear n much love from Sarah n I
    I am so sorry this is happening to you. I pray you find out why this is happening. I can completely understand where you are coming from. We had a Frenchie that would have them in the middle of the night, his doctor put him on phenolbarbitol and we gave it to him twice a day every day and they never came back. Hopefully they will find out whats happening to Vegas and these can stop.
    Aww, I'm so sorry I'm thinking of you and Vegas, hoping and praying the seizures will go away<3
    Oh Vegas, poor sweetie. I wish so much that you all didn't have this struggle. Hugs to you all and Vegas is always in our thoughts.
    :Oh poor baby, I hope he gets relief for his seizures soon, maybe a different medication, or a higher dose. My Dad had to try 3 different ones, before his Labs' seizures stopped. Hope you find the right one soon. Keep trying and try not to worry too much, I know easier said than done. Bulldozer and Blossom send their love.
    My heart goes out to you and your husband for the worry you must suffer while trying to make Vegas well. I am grateful you are here to share these things; surely your experience has and will continue to help others. This experience is invaluable and its generous of you to continue to post and make these videos (that I absolutely positively cannot watch. Sorry. I just can't make myself do it.)

When my Mable was nearing the end of her life (due to the congenital heart failure), she had episodes where she would appear "dizzy and scared" --- that's the best way I can describe it. It was so scary. I remember the agony of trying to "Let Go and Let God" after one of these episodes while being insanely over-protective in hopes of preventing another one. (When the M&M's character commercials came on I would FLY to hit the mute button on the TV; she hated those guys) And Watching it happen and re-living it afterward....well, it feels just like your heart is being pierced with something hot and sharp. Is that heart break? I don't know but I am quite certain you must know what I mean.

Wishing you and your family the very best for Vegas' continued absence of seizures and ultimately - when the right RX mix is found? -- complete recovery. Hang in there Sweet Sweet Boy.
    Still praying for less and less seizures! 3 months is a good start I think. Hugs to O & V!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast