View RSS Feed

elearn

1. Celebrating - no more demodex!

Herman had his final visit on Friday for demodex mange and he is still negative! The vet was so proud of him and so am I He did it! He lasted over a month on his medication (well of course, nightly treats of peanut butter, pumpkin, cream cheese and apple sauce to feed him his meds), took it stress-free and easy (ppffftt!) and really fought off those little buggers
    Categories
    Health
  2. Is the demodex gone???

Herman just came back from the vet, and she said she didnt "see anything" when she did his scrape. Hallelujah! We're going back in 2 more weeks to get another scraping. In the meantime he will continue to take his meds. I was planning on this drawing out for 2 or 3 months, but it seems like all my hard work with learning about the immune system and treatments are paying off. So far it's been only 1 month worth of treatment! I'm so happy for my little boy! Fingers crossed this is over... ...
    Categories
    Health
  3. What allergies

When I got home today, Herman's little face was all red and his belly was a little redder than normal - and his interdigital cyst had flared up again Daddy told me he had been playing in the backyard today. I didnt take him in the backyard all weekend and none of these flare ups happened.... so I'm guessing there is something back there that he may be irritated by. I'm so happy that he doesn't itch. I'm starting to give him his Benadryl regularly (twice per day). I find that I'm taking ...
    Categories
    Health
  4. Sad I missed the grand opening

Yesterday was the grand opening of Woof Gang bakery in Allendale, NJ. I really wanted to take Herman there - and try to be one of the first 20 doggies to get free treats for a year. But we didnt make it. I'm sure it was a madhouse there yesterday. What's cool about that particular location is that the owners have an English Bulldog! I was hoping she'd be there.

I'm looking forward to taking him there in the future to see what type of goodies they have.

I'll stay ...
    Categories
    Ramblings