View RSS Feed

GatorRay

1. Raw Feeding Week Six

I can't believe it has been six weeks already!!! Time is flying by.

Well, I gave the pork ribs...not good....Gypsy and Lucy did great. No problems eating them and they really liked the bones. Gator loved them and had no problems with the bones either BUT he had a baaaad reaction. More YEAST. So, I guess maybe he is allergic to pork ribs?? Weird because he has been getting pork roast for a while. I am just going to cut the pork for now and go back to it later to make sure that was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Raw Feeding Week Four

Well, we are in week four, whew, what an adventure! I had been giving pork to them here and there and this morning I gave them their first truly meaty meal. I gave them pork roast (boston butt). It was so much easier than chicken! I have to admit, I am still a little uneasy with the bones so I watch them like a hawk when they eat. This morning I didn't feel like I had to keep such a close eye on them. They finished it FAST! I put the bowl down and, boom, it was gone. I did balance that out with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Raw Feeding Week Three Day Five

Just an update that the yogurt I gave them yesterday seems to be working with the gas WHEW! :whew:

A few things I would like to talk about today if anyone is reading this. :D Cost and the investment of time. My experience so far with cost is that I am saving approximately $90 a month by feeding raw. I can find meat on special for less than $1 a pound and often for 69 or 79 cents a pound. Of course I buy out the store when I see it which I am sure they just LOVE :P. But feeding three ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Raw Feeding Beginning of Week Three

PIGS FEET!!! Useless as a meal, but boy did they get a good workout! lol. Lucy is the only one that didn't work on it. Instead she walked around with it and would try to hide it then she would go lay down. A few minutes later she would go get it and hide it somewhere else. This went on for a good half hour before I took it from her. It reminded me of the commercial where the dog is worried about the cat burglar and keeps checking his dog house. lol. That or the one with the song "trouble" ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Raw Feeding, Conclusion of Week 2

Well, things are rolling along. I upped Gypsy's food to 3% of her projected adult weight and she gained back the weight that she had lost. I also decided to throw in some new things. I have added some chicken gizzard, chicken livers, beef kidney, pork roast (boston butt), an egg, and beef roast. They seem to be doing ok with it but I am still trying to get their poops normalized.

I am adding the new things in while continuing the chicken breast, leg or thighs in order to give them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast