Blog Comments

Hello,
    The fast and convenient online store offering your favorite <a href="http://www.britishfooddepot.com/">British Food</a> right here in the USA. We invite you to browse through our store where you can find a wide range of British food favorites including English teas, Cadbury chocolate, Mcvities and Heinz to name a few. Order today, we offer the cheapest <a href="http://www.britishfooddepot.com/">British Food</a> prices online and guarantee a fast and friendly service.
    Hello,
    The fast and convenient online store offering your favorite [url=http://www.britishfooddepot.com/]british christmas food[/url] right here in the USA. We invite you to browse through our store where you can find a wide range of British food favorites including English teas, Cadbury chocolate, Mcvities and Heinz to name a few. Order today, we offer the cheapest British food prices online and guarantee a fast and friendly service.
    Hello,
    Designs of the Interior (DOTI) of Ponte Vedra Beach, FL offers residential <a href="http://www.doti.com/"> Interior Design</a> services, home furnishings, and house decorating to Ponte Vedra Beach. <a href="http://www.doti.com/">http://www.doti.com/ </a>
    You know I love your blog. Living the raw diet with multiple dogs is so insightful. I am following this with great interest. and yes my freezer is getting more things in it, but I'm still saving room for a raw diet. Congrats on all the success's so far.
    @GatorRay - I haven't noticed that turkey necks splinter but if they do, then they're a lot more forgiving. It's the legs that I stay away from. Never tried feeding whole as well, but may do since Thanksgiving for us is coming up in October. So that means cheap deals.
    Thank you @savemejeebus. I have heard that they tend to splinter and can be dangerous so I have stayed away from them. How do you feel about a whole turkey? I have to give Gypsy and Gator big pieces because they like to put whole (large) things in their mouths and attempt to swallow them. I find, the bigger the better and I can remove it when they have had enough and give it back at another meal. I am not sure about turkey but I also want to move away from chicken as being the main bone source for Gator. The girls can have pork bones and it works out but I am not ready to introduce pork back into his diet again. I might just be a nervous nellie but yeast is a tough one to deal with!

Tonight I opened the door and Lucy was out like a shot! She just zoomed past me! I was shocked. lol. I kind of stood there for a second processing the fact that it was a dog with black fur and not white that about bowled me over. lol. She then proceeded to trot around the yard and graze on the wild strawberries and roll in the grass. So beautiful! Thank goodness a critter didn't run by or I would have been running across the neighbors' yards in my house pants. lol
    The turkey necks are ok. I use them as the bone content in meals regularly, replacing the dependence on chicken. I don't mind turkey wings too, but I prefer them cut up instead of whole. If whole, the drummette part may be a little too big for your pups.

Still love hearing about how great Lucy is doing. Keep the good news coming!
    Good job! I got a little gaggy reading about the beef heart...
    Pig Feet are ok to Feed as an occasional snack. Not the most nutrient rich snack being that its fatty.
    I heard from other Raw feeders that it gives a dog gas...dont know. I give one to Bruno every once in a while and he entertains himself with it like a chew toy.
    Awesome reading, keep up the good work. think I'm almost there. !!
    lol poop poop poop,its all we look for when starting raw feeding,you will find yourself looking at other poop too and you will soon be spotting the kibble fed dogs,your doing a great job and you are all enjoying it,karen
    @Sherry actually, the clean up really isn't that bad after feeding. Lucy actually likes to take her food into the yard and then there isn't any floor clean up for her. I put Gypsy in her crate because she is the messiest and when she is done, it takes 30 seconds to wipe up the crate and then I use a baby wipe to wipe her paws and mouth. I don't know if I need to wipe her paws and mouth or not, but I do. lol
    Yep, that's hubby's biggest gripe, the clean up. Other than that, he's on board. His mom is a clean freak and the apple didn't fall far. BIG TIME I will be going back to work soon, the knee is healing very nice. Therapy is going good. It won't be long for me. sigh.... I will not give up the cause!
    @Sherry so funny how they are so stubborn huh? lol. At any rate, some people don't like to use bleach to clean but I do. I just make sure to keep the dogs away from it and use a clean cloth to wipe after I have wiped with the clorox. Many use vinegar, but it burns my skin and I get blisters. Weird huh?
    I read this to my husband. Believe me, I'm still plugin away. Keep up the good work. My new freezer is 3/4 empty.
    @ABEBD no problems with the pigs feet other than the fact that couldn't even chew through the skin. Not useful for a meal certainly but a very nice chew toy!. Why would they not be good for a bulldog?
    Hello,
    Giving pigs feet is generally NOT a recommended item for Bulldogs

Any problems?
    that is so great how well your dogs are doing on this. i wish i could do raw but dont think its practical for me but im glad that yours is working out so well. keep us updated with the blogs. its so nice to read about and learn things.
    I love positive Lucy updates.

And yay for finding a good source! I have to drive a couple of hours to get cheap and reliable rabbit and goat meat but it's so worth it. We make it a day trip and stop by a great pet store and get Stig some nice toys and such. We've also started a local group here where we share our sources and take turns picking things up.

I stopped giving Stig his mange meds too a week after he started on raw. Went to the vets a week after and couldn't believe his progress and said that it's ok to not continue the meds.
    @VoicesInMyHead I hold Gator's if it is small. As you know, EBs have HUGE mouths and if he can get the whole thing in his mouth, he does not chew it well enough. If it is very large, he can handle it on his own. If it fits in his mouth, I have been holding it so that he cannot try to swallow it whole. On my next trip to get chicken, I will buy him WHOLE chickens and give him the whole thing, therefore forcing him to chew it. We did have a choking incident on a piece that was too small. I could cut it into chunks but it has a bone in it .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast