View RSS Feed

izstigspunks

1. Hives and hotspot - & now with 'baby formula'

Great news, his hives have decreased and are now drying up. His hotspot and associate scabbing are now gone. We've ceased giving him benadryl beginning last night.

We've started including a heaping spoonful of a powdered 'bovine colostrum', which is what is fed to baby cows right after they're born. Sorta reminds me of baby formula. It's meant to boost his immune system. Not sure if this addition is what caused him to heal up but I'm going to continue putting it in his food for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hives and hotspot - Part Trois

His hotspot is definitely scabbing, so we're safe there. Not going to stop giving Benadryl until the scab 'falls naturally'.

But I think he's continuing getting hives, mostly on his back. His food has been the same, except for the bananas. But he's eaten bananas before. Hmm. Maybe it's seasonal allergies? His tear stains have been getting darker faster than in the winter. Or is the remedy as simple as another bath with his old shampoo?

I'm going to get some green ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hives and hotspot - Part Deux

Stiggy seems better today. His raw hotspot is now darkening and forming a scab meaning that he didn't scratch at all today which is great news. We're going to continue giving him benedryl though until the hotspot subsides even more. Funny because he's acting as if he's trying to figure out why he feels drowsy lately.

His hives have also started to dry up and disappear.

Hopefully tomorrow will be an even better day.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hives and hotspot

Poor Stiggy broke out in hives 2 days ago. He's also been scratching his right shoulder which is now raw looking. My bf and I are trying to isolate what caused it. We have a few ideas of what the culprit may be.

1. His new shampoo. We started using a new oatmeal and aloe brand 2 baths ago. I noticed the first time that he was a little red but thought that it was due to seasonal allergies. We last gave him a bath this past Sunday and he started scratching on Monday.
    Categories
    Uncategorized