View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Gunnyboy

Tomorrow will be 1 year since gunnys passing. Its been a tough year without him and I still cry for him. He was one in a million and I have never
    had a friend or person as faithful to me as Gunny was. It was just a magical bond between him and I. I remember when I was real sick and he stayed by by side on the bed and never left me, and he knew that he had to be careful while he was on the bed with me. He always made me laugh when I wanted to cry. We would sit on the porch and pass the time ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Life with Mabel Part II

Life with Mabel has sure been eye-opening! If anyone were to have told me that a short-haired dog required this much maintainence I never would have believed them. There are wrinkles, and ear drops, and wrinkles, and eye drops, and wrinkles, and tail pockets, and did I say wrinkles?

The number one thing that makes these little guys so adorable requires meticulous care--at least on Mabel. I just keep finding wrinkles! I figured out the two deep ones that were obvious and have

Updated 02-13-2013 at 09:04 PM by ChrisRN

Tags: playing, wrinkles
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Life with Mabel Part I

When Trixie, our beloved bullmastiff, died we knew we would have another dog and were researching breeds to replace our 140-pound baby. English bulldogs were on our short list, but we knew we couldn't afford one from a reputable breeder. Our daughter in Texas is very involved in rescue organizations and was encouraging us to go with a rescue, but we had concerns about health and behavior problems that might have led a dog to be surrendered.

Then I saw Elvis. He was listed on a ...
    Tags: adoption, rescue
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. December 20th 2012, Jan 4th 2013 and Jan 22nd 2013

I just don't know what to do anymore. It's been hell here for the last month. I've neglected to document his last few grandmal seizures....I don't know why. I guess after everything that has happened, my faith is dwindling. We last left off after Vegas has several grand mals in 24 hours, a first in a very long time. Well, right before Christmas it happened again. On December 20th he had (I believe 6) in a 24 hour period. Then on Jan 4th...right smack dab in the middle of the day, while everyone ...

Updated 01-23-2013 at 11:36 AM by Libra926

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fosters Chance & Destiny

Well it's Friday night, Chance & Destiny have had their baths, all their parts cleaned ... they look good and smell good and are ready for the adoption fair tomorrow. There is a home we are hoping the Destiny goes to, her possible forever parents are going to meet me at the adoption fair tomorrow and meet her and hopefully fall in love and take her home!!

If they aren't adopted they will call me and I will go pick them up and they will stay with me for another week and so forth ... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized