View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Mabel's Big Adventure

I have been doing some long-distance power walking to get in shape and drop some pounds. I always feel a little guilty when I leave Mabel behind, but she is unable to walk very far without completely pooping out. Today I had a plan . . .

Mabel's Pet Gear stroller was purchased so that we could take her on outings with us and not leave her at home. We had taken her on short walks before. She loved being able to see new things, smell new things, and (OMG) the people she got to ...
    Tags: stroller, walking
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My first trip to the hospital

Holy smokes. Where to start? This whole post is TMI. You've been been warned!

Thursday afternoon, around 3pm, I peed as per usual, stood up, and experienced a sharp pain in my right abdomen. I thought it was a huge gas bubble, sat back down, and took a #2. Still had pain. Huh.

I walked around for like 15 or 30 minutes and realized the pain was not only still present, but constant and getting worse. It was like a massive PMS cramp that wouldn't let up. It
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Social Butterfly

Bill brought Mabel to my office yesterday. She made bulldog lovers out of everyone she met!

Mabel has never met a stranger. For a dog who didn't have the greatest life during her first 4 - 5 years, she certainly bears no ill will toward people. However, dogs are another issue. Our neighbor has two Yorkie puppies who are adorable--to us. Mabel is not amused. She lunged and snapped at one--so not cool.

Our vet was surprised that this dog, who had several ...
    Tags: diva, social
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Whats in bed with me ?

Yesterday me and my babies were in the back yard just relaxing and enjoying the sunny cool day. Sarge and loulou were sitting at the back door waiting for me to let them in. as some of you know they hate the outdoors and everything connected with it. I let them in and they fly in like something is chasing them, they are happiest in the house. I decided to stay out a little longer and enjoy sitting under a big ol oak tree and enjoy the serenity and cool breeze. I saw a big groundhog down by the fence ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fall is in the air

It was a beautiful day in NW Pennsylvania today. I took my babies for a walk today and they really enjoyed it, They always draw a crowd where ever they go.
    Came back home and got them outside with a treat and of course they sat by the door waiting to go in, they hate the outdoors. they are just about finished shedding and you would think they would be bald with all the hair they loose. Its starting to feel like fall and Im fine with that. The goldenrod is yellow so thats a sure sign the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized