Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi guys, I may not have posted this in the right forum, but a friend of mine who is a dog lover and has Labradoodles sent me a private message on FB tonight, she read in the local paper that someone is giving away an EB in Georgetown, Ontario. I have messaged her back to get more details on the dog as to its background, sex, history, etc. is there anyone in the Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, or surrounding area that would like an EB?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hope that baby finds a good home

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Hi monica ,whatare the details????

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Mary, I've sent two e mails in response to the ad regarding the EB , but so far have not received an answer, so. Don't know if the dog is still available, my friend saw the ad in the Georgetown Newspaper, and then sent me a message with the e mail on the ad.

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
I checked the paper ...didn't see the add .... may be a trick....

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, was it the Georgetown paper? My friend lives in Georgetown, and she saw the ad, and messaged me. I haven't had any reply to my e mails. Maybe he already gave it away?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey Mary funny you mentioned that maybe that this may be a trick and not be legit. After I read your post yesterday, I re re checked my e mails, and again didn't see any from this guy. I e mailed my friend again and asked her if she had seen the ad again regarding the free EB, she answered me back, I just read the messages this morning, and she says the same thing that it may be a scam, and that when she googled the name on the ad Tyler David, she found other ads for the same dog, all over Canada and out West. Plus now there's another ad for 2 free EB's. she told me not to contact this person. My friend is going to report this to the Georgetown Independent Newspaper and she's going to reportbitbto the police as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is the messages my friend sent me.

Just spotted an Ad in our local Georgetown Paper. Free to a good home: English Bulldog. Please contact [email protected]

Hi hun...I do not have any info on the dog. I just spotted the ad in the Georgetown Independent Free Press and thought I would forward to you. An interested party could get pics and more info by sending an email.

Thank you. I didn't see a Tyler David on Facebook from GT. I assume though that if it was a young person he would not have posted an ad in the paper. That costs about $30 or $40. Hopefully he will get back to you soon. Thanks again. ��

Hey Lori, did you see the ad for the EB again? I left 2 e mails, but did not get a response to either one, I have a couple of people interested in the dog.

The ad was posted in the Georgetown
Independent on Thursday. Perhaps
the person went away for the weekend. If you don't receive a message by tomorrow let me know and I shall call the newspaper and see if they will call the person and get them to call or msg me. With the privacy act I doubt they will give me the posters number directly. Please let me know if you hear back tomorrow. Thx

Monica! I looked into this ad further and found some very suspicious activity surrounding it. I Googled the name TylerDavid1 and found the same ad posted in Newspapers all over Ontario and out West. DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT THIS PERSON. There is something not right about this. Could this be a way someone is luring unsuspecting people under the pretense that they are coming to look at a dog? I am getting a real bad feeling about this.

Another ad from the same person posts there is one Male and one female EBD to give away to a new home on June 24, 2014 ????? I am going to report this to the GT Independent and the Police tomorrow

I'll keep you posted on what she finds out. It just shows how careful you have to be with answering e mails, and if something looks to good to be true, it usually is. People are so crazy out there, and it makes you wonder why someone would post ads for free dogs, when they don't have any?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Mary, this is another AD my friend found from the same guy, this time he is advertising in Florida as well. I googled TylerDavid1 myself and found lots of other ads in various places, Georgetown, Mississauga, Florida and even Venezuala.

Pet Ad (Dogs)
See Description (Tallahassee, FL)
FREE Male & Female English Bulldog to a good home. If interested contact: TylerDavid1@outlook. com for more info.

Facebook Bookmark Share Email

Ad Details
Type: Unknown
Price: N/A Color: N/A
Altered: None Date: 07/19/2014

Contact Information
Reply to this Ad
Email this Ad to a friend

Stay safe! Marketplace security tips | Printer-Friendly Format

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My friend also posted this message to Facebook.

***URGENT***PLEASE READ***AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MEET WITH OR CONTACT THE POSTER OF THIS AD

Dear Friends: This past Thursday in the Georgetown Independent there was an ad posted for a English Bulldog to give away free to a good home. The contact person listed is: [email protected].
I even mentioned the ad to a good friend of mine who has two English Bulldogs in hope that she or someone she knew may be interested. My friend has not heard back from the poster and asked me if I knew anymore about how to reach the poster. I have been investigating this evening and found out this very same and similar ads have been posted in June and July of this year in several different papers in Ontario and even in a Fort Nelson, British Columbia newspaper. The ads are all from the same poster. There is something VERY SUSPICIOUS about these ads and I am concerned about the personal safety of unsuspecting dog-lovers who may try to meet or contact the person (s) behind this these ads. I will be reporting the suspicious nature of these ads to the Georgetown Independent Free Press tomorrow as well as contacting Halton Regional Police. This is a very important reminder to be very cautious when answering ads and meeting up with people who may I fear have ulterior motives in mind. To verify my research on this matter please Google TylerDavid1. Scroll down and you will find a pattern of similar ads in various cities. I just don't have a good feeling about this.
LikeLike · · Share

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey Mary, I finally got the following e mail from this guy Tyler David, I totally think it's a scam, and won't be answering him, he claims he is a Rev. And he had to leave the States to go to Africa on a Missionary trip, he says he wants me to take good care of his pups, and that they are 14 weeks old and weigh 2 and 2 1/2 lbs, that's a lie, they wouldn't be that small, and he says I would have to pay for shipping and transportation from Africa. I won't be answering his e mail. This is the e mail he sent me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding About My English Bulldog / God Bless You...

Thank you very much and I'm very very happy to read from you about your response on taking good care of the Puppies,they are 14weeks old and both home trained and outdoor trained also playful with other animals and kids. The male named (Adam) weigh 2lbs and the female named (Eve) weigh 2.5lbs and will weigh big when fully grown. they are both A K C registered and shots are given up to date and both home trained. both of them are my darling sweetheart and super spoiled! They both have a sweet personality and loves to play and be carried around.

But i'm very sorry to tell you that it is too late for you to get the babies now. What really happened was that i just left the state for Africa in some few days ago after i posted the the ad the 2 English Bulldog Puppies on the newspaper and before i left, i did not get any response from anybody that could take very good care of them for me.

So i got a missionary call from our missionary head quarters in Africa, then i have to bring the babies along with me here in Africa since i couldn't find someone to adopt them before i left the state.

I'm still willing to give the babies out to someone who can take very good care of them for me forever. All papers will accompany the puppies when shipped to you, Due to our long staying over here in Africa, and the bad weather my Wife and I have concluded to get good home and care for our babies. We are not charging or selling them to you for money but to save their life's saved and care for them so this means that, you and i will be paying for the shipment of the puppies to you. they are VET checked, but right now we are in Africa on a Christian mission with my wife and 3 kids together with Adam and Eve, we have the puppies right here with us.

We are going to ship to you via Big Sky Bloomfield Shipping Pet AGENCY with Express Delivery on next day delivery, if you are really interested in having my little babies, i will like you to get back to me with the Below information i can find out shipping cost to your Nearest Airport and we both responsible for the shipping

Your Full Name :
Your Mailing Address:
Your Tel #:
Your Cell Phone #:
The Nearest Airport To You:

I've attached pics of Adam and Eve.

Please if you know that you are not capable of taking very good care of my babies, do not reply me because i am giving them out because of bad condition and we're spending months for the christian mission and i don't want Eve and Adam to die in this bad weather. And because we don't have time to take care of them due to the missionary work before us here.They are priceless to me,therefore i am giving both for free.

Please i want you to promise me that you will take very good care of them as soon as they get to you.

Thank you and God bless you and your family.

Greetings

Rev David

> Subject: English Bulldog
> From: [email protected]
> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:47:15 -0400
> To: [email protected]
>
> Hi Tyler, my friend emailed me regarding an EB that needs a home, I was wondering if you can send me some more information on the background of the dog, such as is it good with children, other animals, up to date on vaccines, the sex, and the health of the dog? I own 2 EB's myself, and I belong to an EB forum called EBN. We are all EB owners and love the breed, we do auctions and rescues, fostering, and rehoming. I can ask on the forum, if anyone would like to adopt your dog, he or she would get an amazing loving home. Please e mail me back if you are Interested in contacting me regarding this. My name is Monica Andrews and my e mail is
> [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Sent from my iPad

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi guys, my friend and I reported this scam to the police and I forwarded my e mail from Tyler David, the person who posted the ads advertising free EB's. he has ads all over the place advertising the same pups and with pictures. He has ads in Florida, all over Canada, and I found one in Venezuela. This is what my friend found from the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre.

Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

Recognize It(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Report It(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Stop It(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
National CAFC(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
HomeScam TypesPuppy Scam
Puppy Scam
There seems to be an increasing number of Classifieds Scams targeting dog lovers.

Much like other advance fee scams this involves the promise of a puppy when all the necessary fees are paid. Adverts are placed in newspapers and the Internet and usually involves someone that has moved or is moving or resides in another country.

Some scam artists use stolen photos in their ads, claiming they are pictures of puppies for sale. Actually, the seller does not have the puppy that he/she is trying to sell. The seller will ask for money in advance and refer them to a money wiring service such as Western Union or Money Gram. The advance fee in this case, being for the purchase of the puppy, shipping and customs charges. The buyer waits for few days and when they do not receive the puppy attempts to contact the seller, but with no answer.

In order to avoid these types of scams, remember the following general words of advice:

Know whom you are dealing with - independently confirm your seller's name, street, address, and telephone number.
Resist pressure to “act now.” If an offer sounds too good to be true it usually is.
If the buyer wants to use a service you have not heard of, be sure to check it out to be sure it is reliable - check its Web site, call its customer service hotline, and read its terms of agreement and privacy policy. If you do not feel comfortable with the service, do not use it.
Contact your local office of the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre toll free at 1-888-495-8501.
Date modified: 2014-02-18

BulldogMum

Aug 4, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley & Seven
Probably too late... BUT I am definitelt interested. And close. Hard to find rescues in Ontario! Thanks for the notice. Any news about this? The EB is prob gone by now but...maybe she was meant to be with me!

Thanks

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, sorry this ended up being a total Scam, I posted the e mails from the sender and from my friends. You can read them on the first page of this thread. The sender Tyler David had ads in newspapers all over the States, Canada, and even in Venezuala. My friend alerted the police and they are looking into it. Thanks for responding to my thread.

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Monica ,,when something sounds to good to be true...usually it is.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online