MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
lilly.jpg

Lilly's Story...

Hello there, my name is Lily and I am just about the best dog EVER. I am approximately 6 years old and I am a SUPER happy girl. My tail never stops waggling! Iā€™m quiet, sweet and very snuggly ĆÆƂĀĆ‚Å  I have yet to meet another dog I donā€™t like (even my crazy, annoying cattle dog foster brother!). My foster parents donā€™t know how I am around kitties, but theyā€™re pretty sure Iā€™d be fine with them since Iā€™m not much of a chaser. Iā€™d be great with dog savvy kids, as well. I am fabulous in the car, PERFECTLY housetrained, crate trained and I enjoy (short, kinda slow) walks ĆÆƂĀĆ‚Å  I like to spend most of my time as close to my people as possible and Iā€™m a sucker for some cheese! I even do a little dance when itā€™s cheese time. My foster mommy thinks itā€™s the cutest thing ever.

Youā€™re probably wondering how such a great dog ended up in rescue, well let me tell ya! I was surrendered to Maricopa County Animal Care & Control by my previous owner with another bulldog (donā€™t worry, sheā€™s in rescue too!). They wanted the shelter to put us to sleep, but they called Almost Home Bulldog Rescue instead. My ā€œsisterā€ got to leave first, and I had to stay a bit longer due to some legal issues. I heard during this time that Almost Home Bulldog Rescue was super anxious to get me out because I needed medical attentionā€¦ whatever that means. It was a pretty big deal when I was finally ready to go and I remember how the volunteers who picked me up went from being uber happy to really sad after seeing the neglect my body had suffered. The worst being an ulcerated tumor larger than a baseball on my inner thigh with lots of smaller ones all over my belly. I was oozing and painful and frankly just yucky all over (the pictures are not for the faint of heart!). Maricopa County Animal Care and Control performed a spay surgery before the rescue could pick me up, which opened me up very close to those tumors. They meant well, but this caused my tumor to ā€˜seedā€™ and even more ulcerated tumors started to show up all over my abdomen later as a result. My prognosis at the time was not very good. I heard words like ā€œmake her comfortableā€, ā€œquality of lifeā€, and ā€œshe deserves so much betterā€.

Lucky for me, Almost Home Bulldog Rescue isnā€™t scared of Cancer! They brought in a special Veterinarian who aggressively removed every last tumor. It was a long and tedious surgery, with the last tumor being removed to applause! My tail even wiggled as I was waking up from the anesthesia!!! Only time will tell if I will be ok, but I have so far exceeded all expectations and am recovering with gusto!

I love my foster mommy, but man oh man, I ADORE my foster daddy! I think he hung the moon! Even when Iā€™m sleeping my tail wiggles like crazy whenever he speaks. Rescue doesnā€™t know if my tumor(s) are gone for good, or if they may come back, but I am the best dog anyone could wish for either way. If I beat this, I will be available for adoption to the worlds luckiest family!

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Almost Home

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online